"In motion..."-pyrography (DISCONTINUED)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

"In motion..."-pyrography (DISCONTINUED)

Post by PogArtTi »

9"/12" Strathmore Heavyweight Mixed Media paper.
Free hand sketch.

You know that I'm fascinated with animals, but it's very rare, I'd say I never do any arts showing some kind of expression...
This is all about this piece πŸ‘
I will try to burn the lioness being in run...
I'm always amazed of big cats, their strength, beautifully body build and incredible flexibility of movement...
I hope to catch this unique character of the running lioness...
Let see how it goes πŸ‘
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

RobB

Re: "In motion..." pyrography on paper (WIP)

Post by RobB »

Whooo looks super powerful looks great already

Rob

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

RobB wrote: ↑Thu May 07, 2020 7:01 pm Whooo looks super powerful looks great already

Rob
Cheers , lol 😁
I was impressed with her muscular body, the power of her moves, the pieces of the soil thrown in the air ...
I wish I could capture it all πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

"In motion..." - pyrography (WIP)
Free hand sketch.

Today's update for you πŸ™‚
The lioness is so muscular, I'm carefully trying to follow the muscle shapes to make them noticeable...
Taking ages , lol 😁😁😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Wonderful so far! I’ll be following closely!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2020 7:41 pm Wonderful so far! I’ll be following closely!
Thank you very much πŸ‘

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

The progress is slow, because it's all about detailed shading...
Also I've never done such art yet, so no really know whether I'm heading right direction or not.
What's your opinion?
Thank you...

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today I was trying to work on the surrounding and background.
I was adding the texture around the lioness, some shading, and the part of the Zebra ...

Laurene

Re: "In motion..." pyrography(WIP)

Post by Laurene »

Great update Artur! The head is brilliant, the detail on the neck gives us the impression that she is stretching her neck way out as she focused on her prey, and the muscles in the forearm give her a feeling of power. The only thing pulling my eye are those ripples on her rib cage. Are they in your reference photo? Not all animals are identical and maybe this is something specific to this lioness.

PogArtTi

Re: "In motion..." pyrography(WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for the time to have a look at it Laurene πŸ™‚
I'm happy everything else is pleased for you, but the belly...
At the moment it does looking harsh, there's three reasons.

1- my mobile camera increasing dark tones and white, ommiting the middles.
Can you see her very dark ear and the cheek?
They aren't as dark...
So the ribs aren't as obvious, because there's middle tone that balance the appearance.

2- Those belly part has been burnt harder, I was simply mapping the wey the ribs goes there, what direction/angle, and where they're start, where they're ends.
I did want to make myself the guides to follow...

3- Do you remember what I told you some time ago..?
The burnt places getting lighter few days later πŸ‘
The updates I'm posting straight after I finish the session.
Therefore looking at my updates you will see that those burnt places, lines, shapes are much much darker than they really are.
- because it's fresh burn
- because my camera increasing the dark tones and white.

The part of the belly is darker than on the top.
So I wasn't afraid to make those shapes of those ribs more obvious, knowing they'll be less noticeable in few days time, and after adding the shading over.
Also I wish to make them visible, because they are on my reference I follow...
She's stretched very much at this photo, the skin shows all those details of her bones underneath...

This stage of burning has not any fur on it yet.

I'm happy you are interested what's going on πŸ‘
Thank you very much.