swaledale sheep

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

swaledale sheep

Post by LindasPencils »

IMG_20240521_083800384~2.jpg
I had the most wonderful day yesterday taken for a drive through the Yorkshire Dales, up and over and back the Buttertubs pass. All along the roads were these black faced Dales sheep.
I did this quick sketch before bed, based on memory, photos and a Google image. In my small pocket Handbook using a 2b pencil and a black Lamy pen that I washed a bit.
Thank you M & J!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: swadale sheep

Post by Mike Sibley »

Well, Linda, you'd mentioned your interest in both "All Creatures Great and Small" and "Wallace and Gromit", so we HAD to take you for a drive through Wensleydale (Cheese, Gromit?). :)

So, up the length of Wensleydale to Hawes (JAMES HERIOT filming country), over Buttertubs Pass, and back down Swaledale (after which the sheep are named).
Our LindasPencils in Buttertubs Pass:
LINDA-WDale.jpg
Studying sensible Swaledale sheep for her delightful drawing. The others just stand in the middle of the road trying to work out which side to go for grass...... while we drive around them. :roll: ;)

Jenny and I have got Linda all to ourselves, all week! Couldn't be better! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Re: swaledale sheep

Post by LindasPencils »

I keep reminding Mike about fish and visitors...!
But this is the most beautiful country and I think I could stay forever
But don't worry Mike :D