Squirrel further work

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Picasso2

Squirrel further work

Post by Picasso2 »

Hi Mike
I have done some more work on my squirrel and have attempted to incorporate all your suggestions. Would really appreciate further comments/suggestions.
Thanks
Jean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Squirrel further work

Post by Mike Sibley »

This is much better! The tree is solid and round. The squirrel's bottom jaw is forward of the body and attracts attention to the core of your "story" - the nut feast :)

His bright eye attracts attention too. The curve of his arm (sorry - my animals have arms and hands) leads my eye around to the nut. And removing white from the squirrel's body has tied everything together to present a lovely rounded, plump, and hairy form.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Picasso2

Post by Picasso2 »

Thanks so much for that Mike. Hope you have a Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing your new video and trying some of your tutorials in 2020
Regards
Jean

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Thanks, Jean, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

2020 is going to be a busy year for me! :)

Right now I'm researching good voice-over mics, and (on paper) putting together the parts for a mega-number-crunching video computer. And I'm about to start writing the script for Video #23 - the last of the Basic Techniques series.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

kcondon

Post by kcondon »

Jean -
I've been out here lurking (LOL!), reading everyone's posts but haven't posted anything yet.
Anyway, I've have been following all your squirrel posts - from the initial one 'til now. I just wanted to say that when I opened this one, my immediate reaction was -- WOW, what a difference!

Your modifications have had a lovely impact on your drawing. It really "pops" now, and has a much improved sense of form. And adding the darker shades really helped.

Happy New Year!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Great work Jean! I hope you bring to class to show the others when you return next term.

Picasso2

Post by Picasso2 »

Thanks so much for your helpful and encouraging comments! Really appreciated.
Regards
Jean

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh, very well done! It's a lovely drawing!