LATEST VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

Your latest work is in print? You have an upcoming workshop? Your cat's had kittens... Tell us YOUR NEWS!
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

LATEST VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Mike Sibley »

UPDATE: December 30...
The wait is over! Thanks for your patience. GUIDELINE BASICS - DEVICE METHODS is now available in the VIDEOS section.

December 20... Video #22 is progressing. And about time! It's really dragging its feet after a cold stopped me making the narration, and then the Cluster Headaches and migraine stopped everything.

But, I'm back at work. After two days of filming, the video is almost complete. I've filmed and edited two sequences this week, and have two more to film and edit over the next few days, Then GUIDELINE BASICS - DEVICE METHODS will be available!

Wish me luck, because filming myself in semi-darkness against a projection screen, and using my Artograph DB300, are both well outside my videoing comfort zone ;) :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

focused1957

Re: LATEST VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

Post by focused1957 »

Hello Mike,
I wish you and yours a Happy New Year 2020. Ditto to all your website members. Hopefully your cluster headaches will remain at bay. Thanks for the new video. I have been using mostly manual devices to draw. A while back I downloaded a free program called Gimp, which acts pretty much in similar ways as Photoshop. I now have a reason to make use of it, so I will play with it to see what I can do to convert an image to a drawing. I love playing with new gadgets and ideas. :)

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: LATEST VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

Post by Mike Sibley »

focused1957 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:04 pm A while back I downloaded a free program called Gimp... I love playing with new gadgets and ideas. :)
Important stuff first... HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours, Diana!

GIMP - thanks for reminding me. I have GIMP but never think to use it. I'm just too used to Photoshop :)

But it reminded me that I DO have instructions for photo-to-line in GIMP... if I can remember where :roll:

Found it! It's in my Drawspace Advanced course (oh....that's why I have GIMP):

1. Right–click on image. Choose Colors > Desaturate
2. Right–click on image. Filters > Edge Detect > Edge
3. Press CTRL+A to select ALL
4. Right–click on image and choose Colors > Invert
5. Right–click on image and choose Colors > Levels
6. Use sliders for best results

That might at least be a starting point. Let me know if it works - or if something else works better. I'll be putting together a PDF on the instructions for Photoshop soon, and adding GIMP would be helpful.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net