HOME WORK

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
PogArtTi

Re: “DOBERMAN” - oil study.

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you dear Linda for keen encouragement.
No, not really as far as your imagination is flying, an additional lighting only…
I’ve set it up already (light bulbs), full spectrum if we about to trust the makers, lol.
At the moment our plants are doing well where they are, so no any extra humidity will be under consideration…
In regards, when Magda is cooking the humidity is sky high, so too much may affect the condition of the house 😉👍

I’ve bought 850kg bulk bag of Red Granite Chippings 20mm average size.
It’s gonna be delivered by tomorrow, so I’ll spend most of the time spreading it all over for garden bedding …
The online calculator has pointed 2x 800kg for the size I’m about to cover…
Regardless I did consider the irregular shape and imperfections, so rather than buying too much of that gravel, I’m after to lay down half of it first, to judge whether I may need more, or not.
I will take some photos of the garden tomorrow, so it will be interesting how the garden may get improved?
Best wishes Linda 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: HOME WORK

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 pm What are you going to do with the old spindles and hand forged nails? Are they valuable salvage?
The old spindles are firewood - just square cross-section. But I'll keep the nails for you, and you can take them home with you in May. ;)
Its looking great Mike. Maybe I should have you come visit me and renovate my place!
I enjoy DIY, although I've got jobs piling up here faster than I can work on them. Hmmm... deal is, I fix your place in return for scrubbing something off my bucket list..... swimming with 20-foot Manta Rays off Queensland. The nearest I've come is swimming with Manatees in Florida. Lovely! But not really in the same league. :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

lol, I'll take a nail or two. Great souvenirs!
and if you ever do decide to make the long journey south, no renovations required from you. But Mantas are on my bucket list too, however, at Ningaloo reef in Western Australia: https://www.ningaloocoralbay.com/thing- ... -half-day/

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:35 pm however, at Ningaloo reef in Western Australia: https://www.ningaloocoralbay.com/thing- ... -half-day/
Ooooooooooooooo.... I wish! That's exactly what I have in mind. Thanks for the link - I think I'll just have to keep looking at it and use my imagination. :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net