HOME WORK

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
PogArtTi

HOME WORK

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:01 am Of course, just as I have been getting interested in them, they discontinued the line!!!
have to wonder why?!
I have no clue Linda, lol :D
I’m sorry for a late reply…
I’m up to gardening … and a wall sculpture …and making the side of the kitchen steps to become a living plant wall ~ sort of a big display that will cover up the whole side…

The gardening is taking all my energy at the moment, as I have been removing all sort of wild growing bushes, that were overwhelming the whole available area for other plants…
I’ve purchased new bare root roses, the compost (lots of it!) and I’m enjoying it, even though the weather is harsh…
I’ve learnt that the end of Winter/early Spring time is best to plant roses while they aren’t awaken yet…
So instead of carry on this Doberman painting ~ I moved to unpleased gardening instead?!
I went ~ if I won’t do it now, then it’ll be too late …
I’ve decided to move on to refresh the interiors too, therefore the wall art come to my mind, following your sculpture arts, that you have had shared some time ago…
I have the plaster ready, I’ve learnt on YouTube of how to proceed …
I have bought these artist knives already…
Can’t wait to it!!! :D
I’ve never done any sculpture in my life though hahahaaaaaa :lol:
So the challenge is GREAT :lol:
I’m working throughout 7 days now (today is 6th, so tomorrow is 7th then 6 days off!).
This is what I’ve been waiting for, to have a time to start making wall art, so the kitchen “plant” display project …
I feel sorry for leaving the Doberman painting unattended, but I’m so busy and focused on new challenges at the moment, so I let myself to leave the Doberman behind for a while, until I can focus on it back again.
We’ve got a Polish saying for such situation, when you put something aside for a while to get back to it later…
To nie zajac, to nie ucieknie. . . what I’d translate to ~ it is not the rabbit, it won’t run away ;)

Best wishes to everybody, I’m sorry I’m not taking a part of this community for a while, I promise I’ll share the wall sculpture for sure!!!
Just wait for it, it’ll come this week :)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: “DOBERMAN” - oil study.

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArtTi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:06 am I’m up to gardening … and a wall sculpture …and making the side of the kitchen steps to become a living plant wall ~ sort of a big display that will cover up the whole side…
Good luck with all of that! :) I'm in a similar situation... trying to make our place look presentable for the April workshop (new 12' wide gates to fit across the entrance yard, etc). And, because we have a VIP staying here in May, I'm very busy redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing. I can't complain... I've been putting the job off for 32 years! :oops:

Good luck with the gardening and the sculpture. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

In the meantime, I've postponed the Drawing Trees video until summer, when I have actual trees with actual leaves to work with. And I'm currently planning the next 12 videos - and adding more almost daily. Production will begin soon.
To nie zajac, to nie ucieknie. . . What I’d translate to ~ it is not the rabbit, it won’t run away ;)
I really like that! :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:46 pm I'm in a similar situation... trying to make our place look presentable for the April workshop (new 12' wide gates to fit across the entrance yard, etc). And, because we have a VIP staying here in May, I'm very busy redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing. I can't complain...
Wow that seems a lot to me Mike 😉👍
You will manage all of it for sure, you’re very busy man all the time so you got essential experience to take the challenge 😉👍
Good luck !!!
I've been putting the job off for 32 years! :oops:
Lol, Mike …
I thought I’m the only one who left this sort of duties behind for too long, you have lifted me up right now 😊😊😊
Good luck with the gardening and the sculpture. I'm looking forward to seeing that.
Thank you Mike!
It’s making me too busy at a time, but so proud as well 😊
AND SAME TO YOU !!!
ENJOY and don’t work too hard 😉

Below it’s the plant display I’m currently working on…
The whole steps craving for renovation (left over for many years…), so I’ve started my concept plan to make a focal point at the side…, where the lights will be added later on (growing plant lights) as this has to be done for plants well being.
It is mostly for Orchids in mind, but I’ll introduce some other plants for sure.
Today it’s second day I’ve been working on it, not finished yet, there’s more to be done, but I’ve ran out of the coco liners and still awaiting for light bulb holders etc…
The sculpture will be at the top of the stairs, I’ll share it if you want 😉👍
Thank you for your interest Mike 😊
I’m happy to see your improvements as well, if you want to share 😀😀😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm in a similar situation... trying to make our place look presentable for the April workshop (new 12' wide gates to fit across the entrance yard, etc). And, because we have a VIP staying here in May, I'm very busy redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing. I can't complain...
Wow that seems a lot to me Mike 😉👍
You will manage all of it for sure, you’re very busy man all the time so you got essential experience to take the challenge 😉👍
Good luck !!!
I've been putting the job off for 32 years! :oops:
Lol, Mike …
I thought I’m the only one who left this sort of duties behind for too long, you have lifted me up right now 😊😊😊
Thank you Mike!
It’s making me too busy at a time, but so proud as well 😊
AND SAME TO YOU !!!
ENJOY and don’t work too hard 😉

Below it’s the plant display I’m currently working on…
The whole steps craving for renovation (left over for many years…), so I’ve started my concept plan to make a focal point at the side…, where the lights will be added later on (growing plant lights) as this has to be done for plants well being.
It is mostly for Orchids in mind, but I’ll introduce some other plants for sure.
Today it’s second day I’ve been working on it, not finished yet, there’s more to be done, but I’ve ran out of the coco liners and still awaiting for light bulb holders etc…
The sculpture will be at the top of the stairs…
I haven’t even start it yet 😅😉👍
Thank you for your interest Mike 😊
I’m happy to see your improvements as well, if you want to share 😀😀😀

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

The kitchen idea has changed since the above update, I’ve redesigned it a bit, due to new thoughts…
I’ll share it if you ask for, as this is not the proper forum for such kind of „home work” 😅

Today I’ve decided to start the wall art sculpture…
Yes, that’s true ~ I was pushing it away for long time ~ sensing the fear overwhelming my brain…
This is my very beginning and first attempt ever 😅
https://fb.watch/qsEMNKBlvA/?

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

In between researching for new videos and creating an even longer TO-DO list, I've been working on the hallway, stairs and landing. They've remained untouched since we moved in here 32 years ago... so the job was about due. :)

All the walls and ceiling have been papered in heavy-duty liner paper - because the 120-year-old plaster is anything but beautiful to look at!
pic1.jpg
So, I have the stairs to paint, three architraves, two doors (both sides), and various other bits of wood... but NOT these plain spindles. I thought they were modern additions, but they were fixed with square 19/20th century nails. Possibly hand-forged.
pic2.jpg
At great expense (not - they were advertised as "seconds" but are perfectly good) I've replaced the square spindles for turned ones. And added a ball to the top of the newel post.
pic4.jpg
I'll complete upstairs and move down to the hall, leaving the stairs for last, and new carpeting.

Finally, the bathroom door is complete. And the guest bedroom door is laying flat waiting for its first gloss coat to fully dry. I'll turn it over later today and paint the other side before refitting it tomorrow.
pic3.jpg
Then all I'm waiting for is Jenny to decide what colour she wants the walls to be. Probably grey, but how light or dark? Who knows! :roll: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Re: HOME WORK

Post by PogArtTi »

What a coincidence regarding the colour preference!?
It sounds like your dear Jenny and my Magda fancy greyish tones?!
If you ever ask Magda what colour to throw over the walls ~ it’s always GREY 😅👍

You’ve got me wonder ~ hand forged nails!
Wow…

We’ve moved to this house back in 2012…
I’ve done some occasional painting and flooring since, but it was long ago.
It seems the hard work is before me and you Mike 😊
Thank you for sharing!
I did enjoy reading what you’re up to!
It’s great I’m not alone 👍👍👍

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Wow Mike!!!
You did it!!!
I just have noticed you’ve managed to change the name of this topic 👍👍👍
Awesome!

Believe me or not, but the blocking off issue has got stronger recently, and I’ve been trying post for many days unsuccessfully, but today 👍

So I’m sharing the link quickly before I got blocked again 😅
https://fb.watch/qJrmvWjoLZ/?

I got blocked LOL !!!
So I’m posting it few days later today LOL 😅😅😅

It’s plaster sculpture progress, where I’ve started the tail, and I’ve build up sort of wooden sticks base to create the top fin …
No clue what to do next, but at least I’ve made this move to see whether it will work or not at all 😉

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

’m up to gardening … and a wall sculpture …and making the side of the kitchen steps to become a living plant wall ~ sort of a big display that will cover up the whole side…
WOW! :shock: You are taking the idea of indoor verticle gardening to an entirely new level! This is going to look amazing with orchids and ferns and the like.
Will the humidity and heat be a concern?
And, because we have a VIP staying here in May, I'm very busy redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing.
whoa! Mike! This VIP sounds a bit demanding! They better appreciate all your hard work. :lol:

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

And, because we have a VIP staying here in May, I'm very busy redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing.

Those pesky VIPS!!
but NOT these plain spindles. I thought they were modern additions, but they were fixed with square 19/20th century nails. Possibly hand-forged.

What are you going to do with the old spindles and hand forged nails? Are they valuble salvage?
Its looking great Mike. Maybe I should have you come visit me and renovate my place!