“Good and Evil”~FINISHED

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: “Good and Evil”~oils study

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArtTi wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:42 pm Hearing that from a person who can speak Polish, who is frequently chatting to Polish people in English is a bulletproof fact, that my English is most probably not as bad as I used to think it is 😉👍
Not as bad??!!! I can tell it's not your first language, but I know English people who can't speak English as well as you can. :) It's something I'm often struck by while reading your posts. I imagine if I'm in Poland trying to speak Polish, I simply could never use the language the way you use English.
It is A4 size, 20cmx30cm Mike.
Thanks. That makes it easier for me to understand the work you're putting into it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:24 am Not as bad??!!! I can tell it's not your first language, but I know English people who can't speak English as well as you can. :) It's something I'm often struck by while reading your posts. I imagine if I'm in Poland trying to speak Polish, I simply could never use the language the way you use English.
THANK YOU 👍👍👍
😊😊😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I bet I did complain already having harsh time dealing with 3 dimensional curves of the ribs…
Well, I’m just finding the hair not any less challenging 😅👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

The ribs are definitely three-dimensional. And now the hair is looking that way - and as if made of stone. And that seems entirely applicable to me. We can see it's not real (well, I hope not! How scary would that be!?). We know it's not real. So carved in stone suits the subject very well.
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:13 pm The ribs are definitely three-dimensional. And now the hair is looking that way - and as if made of stone. And that seems entirely applicable to me. We can see it's not real (well, I hope not! How scary would that be!?). We know it's not real. So carved in stone suits the subject very well.
Thank you for frequent checking up on the progress dear Mike.
I think this is the point - it isn’t real, thus the subject even if controversial, is somehow acceptable?
I’m doing what I can to mimic the Sterling Silver effect, as a stone made figurine…

I have covered the whole with the paint, from now on I’m gonna focus to improve the details around…
Thank you Mike 😉👍

By the way ~ I’ve received this jewel few days ago and I’m overwhelmed having it hanging down on the necklace ❤️
It does looking exactly as on the photograph!
Highly and precisely detailed artwork!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I’ve spent about 2h today dealing with details, it’s hardly visible I’ve improved anything, but trust me, it’s small area, but hard work was involved with great and very pointed focus…
It’s basically the top of the hair, just around forehead, and the skull side, down the nose…
That’s it.
2 hours gone…
At least I’ve started this time consuming part of the painting, and this is the last stage to get done.
So every bit I do will lead me closer to the final strokes…

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
Probably all of us are getting more busy at this time of December, so I’m not exempt in here 😉
Let me take it as an excuse of not getting this painting done just yet 😉
I’m carry on improving shadows (today’s update), the next step is maintaining highlights and adjusting the right balance around…

I wish you ALL very best holiday time and a Happy and Creative New Year ☺️☺️☺️

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I love the background in the bottom right-hand corner, and I'm assuming the rest of your painting looks like that too. It provides a warmth and richness to the monochrome subject. And that has marvellous three-dimensional form. It's springing forward from the background.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and Magda!
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I have FINISHED this oil study 👍
If I compare this side to side to the previous update I’m hardly seeing differences…
So I’m asking myself - where two hours have gone?
I was improving the light tones at those top edges of the carved hair and ribs, everywhere around basically….
Very detailed and time consuming work it seems 😉
I know it has its flaws, and hopefully some good points too…
Last time I was holding the brush and mixing oil colours was plus minus a year ago…
It’s fresh photograph, no signature yet, not varnished, so I suspect the colours will be more prominent after varnishing.
Thank you for all the discussion, keen support and encouraging I’ve received from you friends.
Have a great family time this Holiday and a very best Happy New Year ❤️❤️❤️
Art.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:45 pm I love the background in the bottom right-hand corner, and I'm assuming the rest of your painting looks like that too. It provides a warmth and richness to the monochrome subject. And that has marvellous three-dimensional form. It's springing forward from the background.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and Magda!
That’s the darkest part, far away from the light source, which is directed from the top left corner - but you already have figured out this for sure Mike 👍
I’m having problem to equally lighting the whole artwork to take a photograph, it’s very obvious I’m sure…
I hope that after varnishing the colours will come back to life even more, and then I’ll try to take a photograph outside the house, hoping that the daylight will show the painting much more correctly…
Thank you so much for wishes dear Mike, have a Great Family Time and Best Happy New Year with Jenny (I’m very sorry if I don’t remember the name-I have short memory…)