“Good and Evil”~FINISHED

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

“Good and Evil”~FINISHED

Post by PogArtTi »

”Good and Evil”
It’s second attempt to paint this subject…
I love the way it looks badly, I can’t stop thinking of it, as it has involving fewer aspects that are deep inside of my heart.
Furthermore it’s a gift from my dear mum, that she’s asked me to purchase something I love to have that will remind me of her…
So I’ve spent necessary time to search over for something unique and very special, that I will be wearing all over the time, and whenever I look at it, it will bring the image of my dear mum to my mind…
As you already noticed, I regret to finish it up digitally on my iPad.
The digital painting experience did trigger me to come back to real oils, and this is how this painting will be finished off.
I hope I can manage to make this first oil painting acceptable after nearly a year of not practicing…
I hope you may like it too…

This item, figurine of Jesus represents to me the Yin and Yang forces, good and evil …
The flesh is meaning to me the good, the skeleton - the bad.
It means that we people aren’t only good, and opposite - we aren’t only bad.
Depends of situation we do wearing each of the mask…

#W&N Griffin ALKYD oils
#Jackson’s Handmade Linen Board 20x30cm (A4)
#Extra Fine Coarse oil primed
#Non-Absorbent acrylic primer Michael Harding (neutral grey)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: “Good and Evil” ~ oils study

Post by PogArtTi »

Some quick update for anybody interested 😉
I just couldn’t wait to make some real brush strokes again, and mix colour eventually 😅
I’m playing with Ivory Black and Titanium White colour to mix grey tones, with subtle touch of Ultramarine Blue and Raw Umber…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Some more to share today.
This painting isn’t challenging too much, as I’m working within grey tones only, on the other hand it is very detailed…

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I couldn’t wait to play a bit with background.
Once I’ve covered the whole area, I can easier figure out of what the final look might be alike…

PogArtTi

Re: “Good and Evil”~oils study

Post by PogArtTi »

Carry on, just carry on 😅👍

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I’ve finished off the background.
I’m sorry for the nasty reflection on the upper part, I’ll try post the final piece in pristine lighting condition, I promise 😉👍

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today I’ve done a bit of bottom and been moving upwards…
I think it’s becoming nicely to final stage…
My limited palette for *silver alike colour is
-Titanium White
-Ivory Black
-Raw Umber
-French Ultramarine
What you can see, it’s just a mix of the above…
Then I wanted the background to be more full body rather than grey-ish.., and I have took a risk and have mixed Vermilion into 3 colours and randomly making colour mixes and applying strokes all over…
This is how I ended up having this juicy background.
Thank you for watching.
Art.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArtTi wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:32 pm As you already noticed, I regret to finish it up digitally on my iPad.
The digital painting experience did trigger me to come back to real oils, and this is how this painting will be finished off.
But I can see you already developed a depth of feeling in the iPad version. So, I'm wondering if the iPad isn't just an updated form of sketching. It allows you to quickly (and reversibly) develop your thoughts about the subject. From that point of view, I can see it being invaluable.
This item, a figurine of Jesus, represents to me the Yin and Yang forces, good and evil … The flesh is meaning to me the good, the skeleton - the bad. It means that we people aren’t only good, and opposite - we aren’t only bad. Depends on situation we do wearing each of the mask…
That's really well expressed.... especially for someone who's first language isn't English.

How big is your painting? Apologies if you mentioned that, but I missed it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 pm But I can see you already developed a depth of feeling in the iPad version. So, I'm wondering if the iPad isn't just an updated form of sketching. It allows you to quickly (and reversibly) develop your thoughts about the subject.
Yes Mike, you’re very correct addressing the matter to the benefits of using the digital screen.
It’s beneficial in regards to do/undo things in a blink of an eye, so to speek easy off planning process, and trying multiple scenarios effortlessly.
This item, a figurine of Jesus, represents to me the Yin and Yang forces, good and evil … The flesh is meaning to me the good, the skeleton - the bad. It means that we people aren’t only good, and opposite - we aren’t only bad. Depends on situation we do wearing each of the mask…

That's really well expressed.... especially for someone whose first language isn't English.
I really appreciate this compliment Mike!
I’ve had an accident on the bus, the driver of private car while slowly being rolling instead of making a firm stop did hit the end of my bus…
The routine is that the bus driver is required to report this to the insurance company.
On the other end was Natasha, and after few greetings we’ve found out she’s Polish…
She’s mentioned her english is better than her polish, and from that point we have extended our chat a bit…
The point I’m getting to is that, she did appreciate my english, as she said that her dad has had learnt his english the way I have, what means from his friends, tv, papers etc, and she pointed out that her dad wouldn’t be able to express himself the way I can, she was sure of that.
Furthermore she told me, that basing on her work experience, having polish bus drivers reporting accidents, I’m standing out by having my speech unrestricted and fluent in comparison…
Well…
Hearing that from a person who can speak polish, who is frequently chatting to polish people in english is a bulletproof fact, that my english is most probably not as bad as I used to think it is 😉👍
Thank you Mike ☺️
How big is your painting? Apologies if you mentioned that, but I missed it.
It is A4 size, 20cmx30cm Mike.
I’ve chosen smaller size because it’s the first painting since I put my oils off…
So it’s sort of warm up 😉

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I’ve just find that the RIBS are most challenging part so far…
Not only they’re 3D form shape, having uneven surface, they have also the spinal column going behind…
Well…
Small drawing equals small area to paint - but it’s time consuming a lot 😉