Macro Drawing

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Macro Drawing

Post by LindasPencils »

Continuing our work with tones, this week we explored Macro drawing - taking a small area of a subject and blowing it up large. Really investigating the tones and minute details in a large way.
Our chosen subject was a red capsicum (a.k.a. bell pepper)'
You can see/read the full blurb about the creation on my blog: https://lindaweilfineart.blogspot.com/
But this is the final of my demonstration piece. Image area is A4 size on and A3 sheet of Fabriano Artistico 300gsm Hotpress. Materials used were a Prismoacolor Ebony pencil, an HB Staedtler Mars 2mm clutch, a paper stump and a kneadable eraser. Time taken is about 2.5 hours.
MacroCapDWM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Macro Drawing

Post by PogArtTi »

It's nice study drawing Linda, I do like the subtle shading where I can see a harmony of complimenting each other shadow and light...
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Macro Drawing

Post by Mike Sibley »

I could get lost in this! It has so many quirky little crevices and dark spaces that it's almost spooky! :twisted: :o :roll:

And I love that contrast of gnarled stem to smooth pepper.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net