Mum portrait... FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Mum portrait... FINISHED

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
I've finished pyrography artwork, and I've planned to start off with baby portrait or my sister's dog...
Well.
I couldn't find the reference of the baby, but searching through the photos I got attracted by my mum picture taken two years ago while she was visiting our house.
Regardless of the previous idea in my mind - I have begun drawing her lovely face surrounded by leaves, which forming sort of a beautiful frame...
I hope I can manage to draw her nicely ๐Ÿ˜Š

โ—TAP to watch it...
https://fb.watch/nocL2PuiQB/

โ—Arteza Acrylic Pad (the back side - no texture)
โ—A3 size.
โ— Face - Wolff's Carbon pencils (mainly)
โ— Foliage - Staedtler Mars Lumograph (mailny)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: Mum portrait...

Post by PogArtTi »

I couldn't hold back myself, I have started adding the foliage, which will frame the face in such beautiful way...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Some more details have been done ๐Ÿ˜‰

โ—TAP to watch it...
https://fb.watch/npqu0JmpIn/

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

A bit more progress this morning...
I have cold since last Friday, so basically out of energy for everything but drawing ๐Ÿ˜‰
I got up early today, so here we go โ˜บ๏ธ

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

This is progressing remarkably well!

And her eyes are moist and alive, too.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: โ†‘Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:36 pm This is progressing remarkably well!

And her eyes are moist and alive, too.
You are too kind Mike (but thank you!๐Ÿ˜Š).

I'm noticing an issue - the paper!
Unfortunately the surface (back side) has the texture!
It's appearing as a tiny vertical lines, which when absorbing the graphite partickes - stays forever.
I could compare it to indenting - once the graphite goes in - no way to fully erase.
So I'm doing my best to mask it instead as best as I can.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

For those who appreciate recent updates ๐Ÿ˜‰
I spent time defining subtle details, so don't be disappointed the progress is barely noticeable ๐Ÿ˜Š

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:49 am I'm noticing an issue - the paper! Unfortunately, the surface (back side) has the texture! It's appearing as a tiny vertical lines, which when absorbing the graphite particles... So I'm doing my best to mask it instead as best as I can.
I was going to comment on that yesterday, but I was doing a final edit on the next video and ran out of time.

And I'm happy I did... because I'm finding that texture to be very pleasant. It really does, in my opinion, add realism and character to her face. It softens her skin too, which emphasises the shine of her eyes, which don't exhibit the same texture.

Add to that the fact that your drawing is superb, and your mum is coming to life on the paper. I feel I already know her.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:26 pm I was going to comment on that yesterday, but I was doing a final edit on the next video and ran out of time.
You're always busy - in a positive way ๐Ÿ˜Š
I'm finding that texture to be very pleasant. It really does, in my opinion.

I'm glad you like it, and while I agree, I disagree on the other hand ๐Ÿ˜ - it's because those marks getting nasty sometimes, and I'm ending up having some weird short vertical lines - that I'm struggling to live with ๐Ÿ˜…
Add to that the fact that your drawing is superb, and your mum is coming to life on the paper. I feel I already know her.

THANK YOU ๐Ÿ’ž

โ—Today I didnโ€™t do much, because I decided to invest into drawing desk (lol), something to sit at, and enjoy drawing...
Till now I was holding the drawing on my knees, and bending the neck down, what was causing the neck sore in short time...
It was OK when I wasn't drawing as much, but it seems my motivation showing up, and I'm spending great time on drawing every day...
It took me some time to assemble the desk, and to find the room for it ๐Ÿ˜‰
(Greetings to my dear wife - for her patience ๐Ÿ˜)

If you watch this video, you'll see a new desk, and my place ๐Ÿ˜Š
https://youtube.com/shorts/3LS8fls9cQ ... AyYhtiYs_

โ—[I must confess, it was a bit embarrassing too, recording my short video clips...
Covering the knees & surroundings with blanket ๐Ÿ˜‰ - embarrassing no more๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค ]

So for today - just few leaves at the bottom corner...
Thank you!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

For those (Mike ๐Ÿ˜Š) who like to follow even tiny bits update - I'm carry on improving the bottom of the drawing.
I'm improving foliage, and I've made those stripes of the jumper on mum's RHS shoulder.

I must say - the foliage on the reference is more detailed, as you can imagine bunch of garden flowering plants - but it's the portrait, not botanical illustration (๐Ÿ˜…) - so I'm making it up rather than closely copying leaf by leaf, and making it out of focus at same time...