Bestiary Mechanica

Your latest work is in print? You have an upcoming workshop? Your cat's had kittens... Tell us YOUR NEWS!
LindasPencils

Bestiary Mechanica

Post by LindasPencils »

Hi folks!
It has been a busy 6 months or so working towards my solo exhibition at Tacit Art here in Melbourne. But now (drumroll please) it is ready!
You can see a preview of the show here: https://www.tacitart.com.au/collections ... -mechanica
and for those of you who are in the Melbourne area of Victoria, please come along and visit. Opening night is October 4 at 6.30pm - I will be in attendance, so come up and say 'hi' to me.
WEIL INSTA V1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Bestiary Mechanica

Post by Mike Sibley »

I so wish I could make it!

But I've just spent the most enjoyable hour going through Tacit's show preview. Being able to see your beautiful works up close has me both transfixed and mesmerised.

I was just thinking that one day you'll be recognised as the next John James Audubon... when I realised that if Audubon was still alive, he'd be at Tacit with his credit card.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

SerpentisMaris72.jpg
Another teaser for you Mike! Just completed last week, the final work in this exhibition 'Serpentis Maris'. enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

There isn't much left for me to say except.......

Your talent and imagination amazes and enthrals me. I simply love every single element - from the Hokusai waves, to the sailing ship, to the sea serpent.

And I can't help but feel that you have an enormous amount of fun creating these works.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

And I can't help but feel that you have an enormous amount of fun creating these works.
Coming up with the idea is fun. Playing around with it and sketching it is fun. Working out the composition, etc is fun.
but the actual execution? eh. That can be somewhat tedious. Parts are fun, like the free form waves, or seeing the faces of the beasties come to life. There is always a point in the actual drawing when I think, 'why the feck am I torturing myself this way???' But I just turn on a podcast and work through the duller drawing parts... until the end. THEN seeing my ideas finally come to life on the paper. THAT is FUN!
:lol: