Dogs in pyrography...

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Dogs in pyrography...

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:31 pm I've been trying improve the 3-dimensional form of the head...
The recipient loves it so far, what's telling me I'm on the right path 😊😊😊
All looking good. And the left-hand dog has a really solid feeling about it now.

I'm not all surprised the client is loving it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:45 pm All looking good. And the left-hand dog has a really solid feeling about it now.

I'm not all surprised the client is loving it.
Thank you very much Mike
I have just finished it today!

Pyrography portrait - FINISHED!
●Arteza Acrylic Pad
●A3 size (11" x 14")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Truly superb!

Especially when you're using such an unforgiving medium. And one that where halftones aren't easily achieved. Splendid!
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:44 pm Truly superb!

Especially when you're using such an unforgiving medium. And one that where halftones aren't easily achieved. Splendid!
Thanks a lot my friend! It wasn't easy to make the difference showing through between black and gold dog...
The disadvantage of this burning tool is its limits.
Hotter tip (higher temperature) is making darker strokes, but at same time burns unpleasant spots when the hot tip is making contacts to the paper...
To avoid that, it's necessary to remember it, and make a strokes in a fly - to minimalise that contact effect...

So the limits are as follows - art burning is very monochrome, thus it's difficult to distinguish object by tonal difference.

Yesterday I have realised I'm starting having this issue frequently while trying improve the drawing.
I decided to call it finished, as further work on it could have bring only unpleasant burnt spots, that I won't be able to fix.

I'm coming back to the graphite at next artwork then 😊
The graphite it's been with me all my life, lol, I'm keep coming to it 😉
I wish I could stick to the oil painting, but it's very time consuming, and I simply struggling to focus on it as it requires...
Thank you Mike!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*