Dogs in pyrography...

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Dogs in pyrography...

Post by PogArtTi »

I've started it already some time ago, but I couldn't share it because of IP blacklisted.
Let's hope it goes through tonight?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Dogs in pyrography...

Post by Mike Sibley »

It must be admitted that your prep and accuracy is super!

You're mastering those half-tones - in a most unforgiving medium (my sister enjoys pyrography, too).

And these two are coming to life already.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Apart from the creepy zombie eyes (I know, I know), this is looking great! Hope to see more progress soon.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you dear friends Mike and Linda(πŸ˜‰).
This update will please Linda then, as the EPTY EYE HOLES are gone (lol πŸ˜„).
Thank you Mike you did notice the half tones...
You're well aware of the cons&pros regarding pyrography thanks to your sister 😊

● I just went through the cons of pyrography...
I was after to achieve the small dots of highlights into the eyes...
I have fail...
The hot tip has affected the pure white I tried save as a highlight...
Just thinking to leave it as it is, or use white pencil to bring highlights back...

I'm blaming myself for being so lazy with art making these days.
This commission is attracting other friends who are following Facebook updates, and may trigger new commission soon 😊
Thank you for keeping an eye on it, and sorry for not being active on this forum - I'm blocked off frequently, and I never know when it will happen...
Lets imagine - this post for example...
I'm sharing my thoughts, spending time to write it down, then I'm pressing button to SUBMIT - and all my efforts are wasted immediately because of being blocked...
- Then you won't be ever aware, that I have tried posting anything today...
But I'm trying.., and if I'm lucky, I can post an update like today 😊

THANK YOU 😊

●YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE πŸ˜‰
https://fb.watch/mCOGXj4rmF/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends...
I've been focusing on lighter dog today.
I've improved his chest, and LHS of the face, an ear ...
The ear is missing from the reference I'm follow, so I've sort off made it up to look alright (shhhh - it's top secret!)
Do you think I've managed to draw this ear realistically?
I hope you like it πŸ˜‰

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Hi Pogs,
the ear looks okay. I would google a few references though, it might need a bit of a sharper corner/fold at the top. But be careful, as once you burn it in you will be stuck with it.
You are doing a great job, with a difficult medium!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

First, I love how you manage to achieve, or at least suggest, the finer detail with a relatively unforgiving medium.

That left-hand ear looks perfectly OK. I'd bet on the owner not knowing what the ears look like, but t's a dead cert, so there's no point. :) :roll:

Just in case... this isn't the exact same pose, but the ears are clear:
ART_REF-yellow lab.jpg
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: ↑Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:54 pm You are doing a great job, with a difficult medium!
Thank you a lot for keen comment Linda 😊
Yes, lol... I know it very well - once it's too much burnt - it cannot be reversed 😁

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:44 am First, I love how you manage to achieve, or at least suggest, the finer detail with a relatively unforgiving medium.
Thank you Mike 😊
That left-hand ear looks perfectly OK. I'd bet on the owner not knowing what the ears look like, but t's a dead cert, so there's no point. :)
That ear even doesn't exist on the reference I'm following...
I have a support of other two photos of these dogs to be honest, but I can't see precisely the fold on that particular ear...
So I'm sort of - decided what I like it to be...
Thank you very much for keen support!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

So another quick update ...
I gave moved onto the darker dog, well - to make it darker in comparison πŸ˜‰
As always - I've been trying improve the 3 dimensional form of the head...
The recipient loves it so far, what's telling me I'm on the right path 😊😊😊

● You welcome to have a look...
https://fb.watch/n76WRh6brE/