Slowly getting back on an art track...

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Slowly getting back on an art track...

Post by PogArtTi »

It’s been a while since I stopped posting...
I was busy doing overtimes like crazy.
I could afford new el.cooker, new cooker hood, I paid off fully my credit card...
I feel like it was yesterday, when I left oil painting behind, but it was much longer break instead.
I don't want to write a book in here, so let me finish my story this short...

There's no point to focus on oils again, as I'm simply not having enough time for this medium.
Therefore I'm trying get back on something, that won't require as much focus and attention.

I got back to pyrography then.
Just yesterday.
Today I did draw the feather, for practice...
I hope I can manage this good routine from now on.
I've been asked for commission too.
That could give me some boost in motivation (I hope).

I hope you are ALL GOOD MY FRIENDS.
I'm happy to start posting again...

●YouTube https://youtube.com/shorts/zqnziwpTL3 ... re=share
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Slowly getting back on sn art track...

Post by Mike Sibley »

It's good to have you back here, Artur.

Sometimes a break away from art does you good. Other times, just creating without a purpose or deadline helps too.

And pyrography is like graphite pencil - no layers with different drying times, no colours to mix... just immediate results from a simple application. Something you can pick up and put down at leisure.

After working all those hours of overtime, I think you're due for a leisurely art-filled break. ;)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Re: Slowly getting back on an art track...

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Mike!
All you saying is very true...
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

And this is the feather I've done the next day ...
ARTUR_IMG_20230616_095630.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Hi Arthur. It’s so nice to see your beautiful artwork again. I love the softness of the feather. It looks like there’s a texture there, possibly a primed canvas? I didn’t know you could do pyrography on painted surfaces, but then I don’t know much about it.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I have to agree with Laurene. Given the unforgiving nature of the medium, and that I imagined subtlety would be hard to produce... this is undeniably a soft feather that's floated down onto your paper. How you do that, I've no idea... but it's impressive! :o :shock:

I know you're still having access problems, but I hope you get that sorted out soon, because we're missing you!
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
Thank you again for your keen compliments.
Laurene, Mike - thank you!

Mike - it's my first try to write in here from different device after switching to other mobile phone...
I've been transferring over this device everything - literally!
I'm about to post it (fingers crossed).

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:43 am Hi Arthur. It’s so nice to see your beautiful artwork again.

Thank you so much!
I love the softness of the feather. It looks like there’s a texture there, possibly a primed canvas?
It's textured paper mimicking the canvas - so you very right Laurene!
You can burn on most of the surfaces, like a leather, canvas, etc...
Anything that can get hurt by hot tip really ;)

*For so long I was blocked off from posting to this forum, this is first time my post is getting through Laurene.
Mike's aware, as he tried his best LITERALLY! to sort it out, but nothing was working...
So forgive me for late reply, but my previous replies (many of them!) weren't getting through the blockade...

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Wonderful to see you managed to get back to us!

It occurred to me that we could set up a second account for you (different IP and email address) but it looks as though that might not be necessary. Let's hope so. ;)
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:28 pm Wonderful to see you managed to get back to us!

It occurred to me that we could set up a second account for you (different IP and email address) but it looks as though that might not be necessary. Let's hope so. ;)
So far so good dear Mike!
I have posted new item moment's ago, and I'm NOT BLOCKED (lol) ...
I hope the IP issue won't happen anymore...