Learning curve.

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Learning curve.

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm about to get ready for new painting.
I'm not pleased with canvas texture, just can't enjoy it, so I did aplly the gesso then, to improve the smoothness...
What subject is gonna be?
I haven't decided just yet ;)

● A4 size, Jackson's Belgian Linen canvas board.
● Michael Harding oils
● Michael Harding gesso
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: Learning curve.

Post by PogArtTi »

For long time I've been considering what to paint next?
I made my mind this evening ;)
I hope you'll like it.

YouTube https://youtube.com/shorts/ewl2npZNsq4?feature=share
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Pulling up a chair to watch this one! :D

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:20 pm Pulling up a chair to watch this one! :D
THANK YOU ;)
Specially for you then - blocking in update just moments ago ;)

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

It could almost stand alone at this stage! Maybe adding bit of shading , and it’s a great monochromatic piece. Is it a raven?

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:47 pm It could almost stand alone at this stage!
Oh! I can tell, that you really like it Laurene 😊
Is it a raven?
It is Raven...
I'm so sorry, I didn't mention the species, because I did expect you watch the YouTube video..?
Sorry 🙉

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Wow! That's got life already! :)

I'm going to enjoy this.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 pm Wow! That's got life already! :)
I'm going to enjoy this.
Thank you so so much Mike ♡.
I will try not to disappoint you.
There's no any progress since, as I'm back to working shifts, but from this Thursday I'm off again, so I'll post updates later this week...

● I can share some sort of improvement, though...
It's about the wooden palette.
I'm aware, that it does make mixing accurate colour match much easier, if the mixing/matching is being done next to the painting...
Side to side alike.
It takes blink of the eye only to compare mixed colour.
I've been watching YouTube tutorials, where artists did compliment it, and adviced benefits.
I did make it done just moments ago, and I love it!!!
I have fixed the palette to the magnetic mat, the same way my painting boards are, so I can freely move it now vertically wherever I want it to be 😊.
By this improvement - I did free up my left hand, the mixed colour will be exactly before me, next to the painting!
Maybe I'm overpricing it, but it will improve my whole painting process, no doubt about it 😉👍
- You don't know, but I was accidentally scratching the fresh painting with the edge of the wooden palette, while being too close working on details...
I was having my thumb fatigue issue, because of holding palette for too long.
While I'm painting, I'm holding the supportive stick to support my wright hand, to keep it stable still above the painting surface...
It was very inconvenient to manage hold both (the palette and the stick) in one hand, causing my palm fatigue as well...
These issues will gone now, thanks to this improvement 😊
Thank you for following dear friends.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Sorry, I don’t watch a lot of YouTube’s. I’ll just follow along with you here.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:54 pm Sorry, I don’t watch a lot of YouTube’s. I’ll just follow along with you here.
I get it.
Sorry you don't like to watch me painting on YouTube Laurene.
I just have mentioned the bird species on YouTube, therefore I did omit in here.
It's alright though.
Now I know you won't follow my YouTube video, so I will try put in here everything as well 👍👍👍