Old project-FRESH start ;)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Old project-FRESH start ;)

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:10 pm I can already see and appreciate the soft shadows and highlights on Magda’s face. This stage of the painting is truly quite lovely as is!
I've got to agree with Laurene. Magda is already coming to life - and I'm enjoying watching the progress.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Mike, but I'm realising, that people portraiture is my weaker side.
To do it right I have to be confident with mixing the colours, I'm not ;)
Face requires subtle tonal shifts to shape the curves 3D, I can't do it at the moment.
My paint mixing is always off, and I'm ending up covering broader area, than planned, lol ;)
I know it'll come in time, that skill, but it's frustrating at the moment ;)
One more thing to add - I don't appreciate painting on canvas at all ;)
Mike, you already know why ;), don't you?
Yes!
That texture ;)
It's killing me already, but I'm not giving up on this painting no matter what ;)
I will carry on till I'll get it done.
If I ever give the canvas go ever again - it will be primed with gesso.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Even though I kind off liked the background, I felt it gets too patchy at same time, distracting the viewer from focusing on the main subject.
I did make it a solid black-ish, just to see if I may prefer this look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Personally, I think that's an improvement. And the flesh tones are richer now that they aren't competing with the background.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:35 pm Personally, I think that's an improvement. And the flesh tones are richer now that they aren't competing with the background.
Thank you Mike.
I do think so the same ;)

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Agreed! I love the updates so far Artur. You’re on the right road!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:26 pm Agreed! I love the updates so far Artur. You’re on the right road!
Thank you !!!
;)

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I did enjoy my bird painting too much!
It was about the time to get back to scary flesh tones, lol 😅
I decided to improve the niece's face.
It was yesterday, but my IP was blocked off, so I couldn't post it here - but I can this morning 😁
YouTube- https://youtu.be/YrvYRtCIqDk

If you aware of my other post relating to the studio light please scroll up and down to compare this photo to the previous one...
You will immediately notice the harsh canvas texture showing through the previous photo - can you see it?
After changing the direction of the ligh bulbs, the terrible texture is vanished now, and the painting is looking pleasant and smooth.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Wow! What a difference!! No wonder you were frustrated!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:06 am Wow! What a difference!! No wonder you were frustrated!
Yes dear friend, exactly ;)