NEW VIDEO AVAILABLE...

Join a discussion, suggest suitable subjects, or ask Mike questions about the videos.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

NEW VIDEO AVAILABLE...

Post by Mike Sibley »

In case you didn't receive the last site-wide email (we're having trouble with Gmail addresses)...

DRAWING HAIR: Part 2 was released a week ago.

Sincere apologies for the delay, but my Cluster Headaches are back. That said, I had one building at 2:30 this morning, and it faded away... so maybe this is just a trial period? :D :roll:

This time, we're looking in depth at the fifth property of drawing hair: DEPTH OF DETAIL - of how detailed does background hair really need to be.

And, if you find DRAWING BREAKS useful after Part 1, you'll really like this video. Previously, and for simplicity, we used marking within the hair as Breaks. But we take a fresh look and discover how Drawing Breaks REALLY WORK, and their power, because they break the drawing of short hair into many really easy-to-draw sections.

While you're watching the demonstrations, why not have a go yourself? And then post your results to the forum. I'll happily critique it or give you advice.

Watch now
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: NEW VIDEO AVAILABLE...

Post by Laurene »

It’s a wonderful video Mike. Very inspirational. I hope your headaches don’t return, especially over the holidays!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:59 pm It’s a wonderful video, Mike. Very inspirational. I hope your headaches don’t return, especially over the holidays!
Thanks, Laurene. The clusters are really odd, so I'm hoping they might just go away soon. They wake me up (3:30 and 5:15 this morning) start to build up pressure and pain... and then just fade away. I've made a start on the next video before my cluster "trial period" theory is proved wrong :)

Part 3 will cover colours and textures of hair... and anything I keep moving forward and dumping into the next video :roll:

Then I have tentative plans for a completely separate video of an animal drawing from composition to completion. I'm not sure what yet, but maybe a Texas squirrel. Or the black one I photographed way back - when we were walking through the lovely Ithaca cemetery. And then I'll provide the references etc, so anyone else can have a go too.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I’m looking forward to that!