Coastal Banksia

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Coastal Banksia

Post by LindasPencils »

Coastal Banksia.jpg
I don't think I have shown this here (If I have, forgive the repitition) - another demo work from a recent workshop. Coastal Banksia cone drawn from life using Derwent Graphitints (washed) and graphite pencils on Art Spectrum 300gsm Hot press paper. About an hour-ish, drawn from life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Coastal Banksia

Post by PogArtTi »

The interesting thing is that I'm getting expression of bunch of lips getting out of this needle-ish structure...
Lips - softness, against that needle-ish surface, two opposite feelings are mixed together in my mind ;)
Very interesting drawing Linda 😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Nice

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:33 am The interesting thing is that I'm getting expression of a bunch of lips getting out of this needle-ish structure...
And - from my first glance - I feel exactly the same way. I almost expect it to start singing in unison with itself. Maybe even a two or three part harmony.

At the very least, I suspect it's mobile. It should begin creeping across the page..... right...... now..... if I.... watch... for long.... enough.......

Other than that, I can't comment, because I don't know Banksia. But, as a lovely solid, three-dimensional study, it looks great.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net