Jack(Border collie)-oils •FINISHED•

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: Jack(Border collie)-oils •FINISHED•

Post by Laurene »

Like all of us, you’re your own harshest critic. I know because I do it too, but this is a painting to be proud of! His gaze is so intense! Makes me think I’d love to see you tackle a wolf portrait 😉 .

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:04 am Like all of us, you’re your own harshest critic. I know because I do it too, but this is a painting to be proud of!
Yes, obviously you right Laurene...
We looking at our drawing boards at very close up, and we know exactly what went not just the way we wanted it 😁😁😁
His gaze
GAZE -> definitely I'll need to find meaning of this word 😅
Makes me think I’d love to see you tackle a wolf portrait 😉.
Well, challenge is been accepted 😉
All I'm struggling at the moment is finding GOOD PORTRAITS of subjects I'd like to paint...
You know I'm altering references on my mobile app for some time now...
It's because I'm craving for SOMETHING to see into the photo I'm about to paint...
Plain photo, straight out if the mobile camera is usually out of my interest.
So I'm doing my best then, to alter it to my likeness...
It works for me very well, so I can be more motivated to follow the reference.

I have photographer on instagram, who bought a posh camera lens from me.
Since then I'm giving him likes on instagram, and we having few words chat in comments sometime too.
Once I got impressed with white tiger he shared.
I did ask what is the deal if I'd like to draw that tiger, he told me I can draw it for myself for free obviously, but it's £100 if I may plan to share it, or make profits of my drawing afterwards...
Well.
That was it.
My story is to tell, that if I'm finding interesting photo sometime, usually it cost some good money, and I have no idea if I'll make any profit on it at all...

Instead...
I'm trying my best to alter the photo I like by free hand sketch, to go around copyrights if possible.
This is what I did regarding Raven pastel project...
I'm picking up the posture I like to follow, then finding multiple other photos, and altering my main posture.

Regarding above process, I do like it a lot.
My Raven, even though its pose was found from the bunch of Google references, was different, was drawn by me, I did sculpture the feathers, the beak myself...
Is like I did draw that bird, and I think I did ...
If you know I mean Laurene 😊
Most probably I'll try to use my free hand sketching every time I may think it's handy...

Thank you for keen words regarding the painting!
My sister loves it!
That's the main thing 😊😊😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

OMG you cease to amaze me. Nice "START" on the eyes. Looking forward to more.

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Not fair I didn't realize that it went on. Damm I"m looking at the last work, Really good. The eyes take over the image and express the emotion.
I have not gone to page four yet, maybe more comments to follow.

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

I wonder since the eyes are the focus as they should be, should there be more in them, something to discover. Wasn't there a post regarding the moon in the eyes? Just a thought. Love border collies, yes maybe the smartest animal on planet and that includes humans,

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for your time and patience to follow this post up dear friend, and for keen comments!
It's been the *practice piece only, but it turned out nicely, and even more - my sister did like to accept it for her birthday gift, so it'll be nicely framed ;)
I did change the original photo using mobile phone app, I did darken it, to achieve sort of drama mood ...
So the eyes as the other colour is just made up, based on the original reference...
So it turned up as you can see rideum51 ;)
Thank you very much ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*