Jack(Border collie)-oils •FINISHED•

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Jack(Border collie)-oil painting

Post by PogArtTi »

The NOSE today 😉
I did crop it for you to let you see more detailed.
This is very dark reference photo, I made it this way, so not easy to see exactly what's going on within the darkest areas...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I didn't painting last days at all - working hours messing my free time up.
So today I've managed to put additional layer of the fur on the body, and I've improved darks at the left eye/ear area...
I'm not focusing on exact colour match yet, as I'm continuing to block the underlayers (underlays?).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I think you’re very comfortable in this medium and it shows in the results! I’m especially pulled in by the contrast of those pretty crystal blue eyes against the sienna tones of the hair surrounding them. Whatever the reference shows, I think I would play up that contrast since it emphasizes the eyes so beautifully!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:21 pm I think you’re very comfortable in this medium and it shows...
Thank you Laurene...
It's difficult to express what my feelings are alike...
I'm confused with them too!
It's because I've already been practicing oils in past, and this time I "read" them much deeper than before?
I feel for oils a lot this time - why not as much before?

I can compare it to my rollerskating...
I quit it last year, I thought I'm done.
Too risky out on streets...
This year I got back to rollerskating, and I feel like never before!

Is it all about better understanding?
Hmmmm 🤔
I think I would play up that contrast since it emphasizes the eyes so beautifully!
I will 😉😊

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm fighting for every second to do even a small improvement a day...

Today just few more strokes into these eyes, a bit of definition to it, more colour...
You Laurene did trigger me to do it, lol 😁
You've mentioned it, and I felt bad, because you liked them 😊, and I... as usual ME!, I did block them in.., long ago 😅, and left behind 🙉🙊🙈
😅😅😅
Obviously it's only second blocking, so things may change, especially shadows and highlights 😁
I like this rich colour though, it's popping up!

Legs and body did receive some additional strokes as well.
That's all I could do today...

It might be boring you, when I'm posting such unnoticeable updates, but it keeps me happy 😉😊😁
Sorry 😁😁😁

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Loving those eyes!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:57 pm Loving those eyes!
😁😁😁
Putting more attention to the fur texture this time, so the colour (left ear area, and surrounding 😉).

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm watching random video tutorials of how to paint, blend, how to proceed step by step...
The main stream follows the same rule, but with different approach of how to get there.

At the moment my sense of what's good what's bad is very stricted, I'm confused what will be best for my style.

So I'm trying bunch of advice, in hope I'll find the approach, that suits me best.

Here again, it seems this painting is nothing else, but practice piece, where random styles plays its role.

I wish I was skilled oil artist already, I feel sorry I left oils long ago, as in other case scenario, I could be much more experienced, and aware of what I'm doing 😅

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I can’t help because I know nothing about oil painting but I do know what I like and this is definitely going in the right direction. Just keep going! It’s fascinating because you can work from light to dark or from dark to light with oils, it’s a very different approach .

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:14 pm I can’t help because I know nothing about oil painting
Thanks Laurene for good will to help if you could, but it's really stricte personal ...
Nobody can help me, but me myself.
It's just to find MYSELF within oils 😉
but I do know what I like and this is definitely going in the right direction.
I'm happy you positive about this painting 😊
It’s fascinating because you can work from light to dark or from dark to light with oils
Yes, it's very forgiving medium in regards of having free creativity 😉
Thank you Laurene.