"Bare Feet"

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: "Bare foot"

Post by PogArtTi »

First, it's good to see you enjoying what you're drawing :)
This is exactly what I need Mike...
Even if this drawing doesn't work out (although I'm sure it will) you've at least explored the intense blacks that have been on your wish list.
It's scary moment I'm getting through TBH.
Usually I was self-suggesting I'm pushing my darks to the limit, but it was just empty talking, as I didn't dare to do so.
This drawing is my dream (empty talking) come true my friend πŸ˜‰
Despite your altered reference, I can't really guess what the end result is going to be, which is an exciting prospect.
Wow, I like your attitude a lot, because I was worry what would you say commenting on this drawing Mike πŸ˜‰
Thank you !
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: "Bare Feet"

Post by PogArtTi »

And some more folds has been done ...
It's very challenging to me πŸ‘
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Great folds! And I mean really great folds!!! I can "feel" them as I run my fingers over them.

Actually, I should probably rephrase that - given that I've not been introduced to the young lady :oops: :roll:
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:02 pm I can "feel" them as I run my fingers over them.

Actually, I should probably rephrase that - given that I've not been introduced to the young lady :oops: :roll:
Lol πŸ˜‰
it's my friend from Primary School, back to early 80's in Poland...
What's special between us, is that for one year in the class room we were sitting at one table(is it proper English?), and we've got that documented on the photograph too!
I did keep that photo throughout my entire life within other photos...
Obviously we did lost contact, I moved out (I shall say my parents), so I went to a new school, etc.
I did find her by real coincidence on facebook, where other friend did post a photo, and there was mentioned my friend's full name...
At this point I just commented below something like ; if this is the Iza who was going to the Primary School no.26 in Sosnowiec, pass my best greetings]
She (Iza) did respond!
What a story 😊
Furthermore, when I've been visiting my mum in Poland few years before covid, we arranged class meeting, lol...
Believe me it was funny, because she did invite couple other girls from our class πŸ˜…, and it was ONLY ME and 6 girls at the pub table (obviously my wife was a must πŸ˜…).
Wonderful time we've spent, seeing each other for first time after so many years!
And yes, my wife is very jealous πŸ˜…
So when I read your comment, I started laughing, and wanted to tell you of how solid is our friendship, reaching back to our childhood, and my wife is not appreciate πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
So I'm banned from commenting on my drawing, especially where the drawing is all about those folds πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

The sand ...
My brain's burning πŸ˜…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

You really are enjoying this! It shows in every mark.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:56 pm You really are enjoying this! It shows in every mark.
... ... ... Thanks Mike, I like you can see it...
I feel different regarding this drawing.
Like some hidden gate did open.
It's me, my pencil, strokes flaw.
Thank you.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I did carry on improving the sand today.
I'm trying keep it fadded away at the edges of the bottom page, then making it more detailed around feet area.
I'm using dark pencils, then working around or over them with softer, to make illusion of shading, but still keep the random, sharp structure of the sand particles as real as possible.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Looking good! I like the way the coarse texture of the sand plays against the softness of her legs and of the folds of her dress.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Laurene...
Few details to be improved yet, the sky ... and it'll be done.
What you think about the ocean?
Does it look like an ocean?