Horse Whispers

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Graphite Pencil masterworks here!

Moderator: ElaineH

ElaineH

Horse Whispers

Post by ElaineH »

AFF08A9D-A6FB-4D13-907A-6303BD77B6ED.jpeg
This drawing is on A3 Conquerer Diamond White paper. It is from a reference free image, and has been done partially following You Tube tutorials. The artist used quite different methods to those taught by Mike. I followed Mike’s techniques for the hair & eyes, but found the online artist helpful for the bridles.
The title ‘Horse Whispers’ has been chosen because the image gives me the impression that secret conversations are happening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MBfineart

Re: Horse Whispers

Post by MBfineart »

I absolutely love this, beautifully drawn and the horse on the right has a sweet expression! The contrast works well with their dark manes and one horse being lighter fur than the other. . I'm looking to draw a similar image of two horses with their heads together. The bridles look so good, perfect texture and shadows. Can i ask what was the technique for those?

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkrS2r1A9GM

Hi there, and thank you very much for your kind comments. Above is the link to a realtime youtube demonstration of the drawing of one of the bridles, so you can see exactly the techniques used- it is around an hour long, so very detailed.

I have come across many lovely royalty free images of two horses by searching for the term 'nuzzling horses' Please let me know if you would like any links - I really look forward to seeing what you choose to do!

This artist uses alot of blending, and lays down a blended base layer for the tone, and then adds the details (including on the hair)- which is exactly the opposite of Mike's techniques. She also uses some different equipment such as white Gel pen, and black prismacolour pencils.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Beautiful finish Elaine! I remember seeing this in the WIP's section, and I think that the bridles worked out perfectly.

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

Thank you very much Laurene

MBfineart

Post by MBfineart »

Great video, thank you, I love to see how other artists work and in real time! I think i would use the same technique on the bridles! 👍

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I like very much your carefully detailed drawing.
Everything is spot on to me.
C9ngratulations 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*