The pack of three 😉

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: The pack of three 😉

Post by Mike Sibley »

Quick point and something I only just noticed - comparing the reference to your outlines in Post #1. I think you have the nose of the Pom at the rear too central. And now I think that might be causing it to look too narrow - compared to the other two noses.

Draw a line up the centre of the nose on the reference, and I think you'll find it's slightly left of centre, but you have it placed centrally. I could be wrong - I've not physically checked it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

You most probably are very right my friend - as it wasn't outlined, it was free handed instead.
It's not only the nose issue, if you could spend some more time on it, I bet you would find other imperfections in no time, because I'm looking at them every time I'm working on it Mike.
Free hand sketch/study needs to be practiced to perfection - I'm not.
I'm free hand drawing for exercise, for practice, for fun as well...
This drawing wasn't meant to be commission, therefore I didn't put too much effort to draw the proportions as good as possible, but I let it be instead...
Yes, I tried to correct proportions afterwards, but at some later point I did left it as it is.
Yes - I do blame myself sometimes when following those shapes and noticing they're off.., but this drawing was meant to please my nephew, who wanted me to draw it for his mother in law (these poms belongs to her).
I couldn't say no somehow, I did promise to draw it a bit against my will if I can say so...
Therefore it's free hand, therefore I didn't spend enough time to make it to the perfection, but treated rather like an exercise drawing, that is suppose to look nice...
I'm sure you renember my charcoal free hand study of cats for my sister?
Well...
These poms are close to it, but I'm trying to put some more attention to the details in comparison to those cats...
The drawing is for somebody I don't know.
It's not for my nephew, it's not to show off...
I think this is one of the reason I did stop drawing for long time, and lost my motivation too...
I just did accept this drawing request to be keen, to make my wife happy (it's her side of family, her eldest brother's son) even though I wanted to draw my own project...
It's time to finish this drawing dear Mike, I got stuck on it far too long, it's time to shake off all the negative thoughts, and start drawing my own art...
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

FINISHED !!!
Whether you like the way I've finished it, or not - I've had to finish the "poms" drawing to move on.

I just need to shake it off my shoulders, and start my own project, not commission, not that somebody did ask me - I need enjoy what I'm drawing full heart, because I know, I won't stand up my feet otherwise.

I've used bunch of different techniques in here, like blurring the background with cotton wool, making shadows onto dogs with pencil strokes, paint brush smudges, cotton wool as well...
I've used every pencil I could to get me this far.
I just feel sorry I didn't use my heart...

Thank you for your kibdness, great support, and your priceless friendship.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Love, fearless little dogs! I think you've just made someone very happy :D

It does what you set out to do, and that really is more than sufficient.

So... what's next? Because I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve! ;)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I think you've just made someone very happy :D

Really I hope for it 😉
It does what you set out to do, and that really is more than sufficient.
It's kind words in here, thank you Mike.
So... what's next? Because I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve! ;)
Couple years ago (two?) I did fancy to draw one of the photos of my friend...
It's third person view -she's facing the sea...
I never did attempt it.
Recently she posted on facebook another such intriguing me photo of her legs (facing) the sea, the top body is missing from the photo, and again it's kind of third person view...
It's dragging my attention even more than previous shot - not! NOT because of her legs 😅😅😅
I'm making up my mind to draw it, and if she lokes it, I'll be happy to please her with it as a gift 👍

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Well, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the drawing. Believe me, the end result doesn’t show it. The drawing is a wonderful gift that is sure to be cherished, On the other hand, I’m very happy to hear that you’ll be drawing a subject of YOUR choice next. Looking forward to following along.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:14 am Well, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the drawing. Believe me, the end result doesn’t show it.
Yes...
I feel sorry for myself too, because if I only would have had put more of my heart into it, the final result could be better...
I did enjoy it at the beginning though...
You know, when you're exited to start new drawing...
All the first sketching, following reference photo...
But the farther it was going the attitude fade away a bit if you kniw I mean, to the point I did stop drawing it for long months.
This is what I meant...
Thank you dear friend!
You are always very keen to me...