The pack of three 😉

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: The pack of three 😉

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:11 pm Seriously. I've always drawn FOR ME. Even commissions. If you're not enjoying it - stop! Or, in my case, if I knew I wouldn't enjoy it, I never started it :D
Great advice indeed - it's basically the way I want to approach my way of drawing for myself, to express MY FEELINGS not the others...
I found it difficult to say NO, I'm keep trying ๐Ÿ˜Š
New video?
It'll be on YouTube too later tonight.
I'll follow !!!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I've been improving the fur today.
I did focus on those two lighter dogs, and left the blacky unattended for now.
I wish to improve the light fur details much more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:29 pm I wish to improve the light fur details much more...
...but don't try too hard. ;) We used to have a house full of Poms - Jenny bred them at that time. And they do have really fine, soft hair, so too much detail might make the coats look too coarse. By all means push it up a level or two, but I don't think you're too far away from them looking just right.

In any case, you've captured their characters very well, so the hair is incidental.

You might need to use a little artistic licence with the right-hand foot of the Blackie. It's at that awkward angle where the paw flows directly into the leg, so you might have to emphasise the curve at the top of the paw - to stop it looking like a furry stick :roll:.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

...but don't try too hard. ;) - Jenny bred them at that time.
I do renember ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
And they do have really fine, soft hair, so too much detail might make the coats look too coarse.
Thank you...
In any case, you've captured their characters very well, so the hair is incidental.
And thank you again ๐Ÿ˜Š
You might need to use a little artistic licence with the right-hand foot of the Blackie. It's at that awkward angle where the paw flows directly into the leg, so you might have to emphasise the curve at the top of the paw - to stop it looking like a furry stick :roll:.
Thank you for mention Mike, but as you know it's just at that stage, where you see the fur stick, where I'm just marking the shadow intentionally, to help me distinguish the border separating these dogs...
It's temporary only, just for my personal reference dear friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know exactly what you're trying advice...
Too less detail might be not enough, too much detail might be just off...

I wish I could get it just right...
Thank you!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Hey! Welcome back my friend!

In my case, drawing subjects I love has given me a sense of peace and happiness that few other things have. The day I no longer enjoy it will be the day I quit. Just no point, you know what I mean ? I love what Mike said. Heโ€™s working twice as hard now and loving what he does.

Also agree that the white pomโ€™s are looking close to finished in my eyes.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:13 pm Hey! Welcome back my friend!

In my case, drawing subjects I love has given me a sense of peace and happiness that few other things have. The day I no longer enjoy it will be the day I quit. Just no point, you know what I mean ? I love what Mike said. Heโ€™s working twice as hard now and loving what he does.

Also agree that the white pomโ€™s are looking close to finished in my eyes.
Thank you my always supporting me friend ๐Ÿ˜Š
Yes, Mike is to me like a working machine - he never stops !!!
I wish I was the same !!!
Yes, I got lost within working bad habit ...
Money money money ...
I could afford many expensive things, but I lost myself at same time.
That was the longest breake I've ever went through!
It feels terrible ๐Ÿ˜…
Lol.
Thank you for kind words Laurene ๐Ÿ˜‰

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Slowly slowly, but eventually getting there ๐Ÿ˜
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Bit by bit - getting forward every time I can ๐Ÿ˜‰
I know, that even a little steps will get me there eventually ๐Ÿ˜Š

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Ah! The eyes make such a difference! Theyโ€™re looking at me now!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:06 pm Theyโ€™re looking at me now!
I am SO SORRY (lol ๐Ÿ˜…), I'll never change my bad habit of drawing eyes as the LAST thing ๐Ÿ˜…
I keep promise myself - do eyes first! ๐Ÿ˜