The pack of three 😉

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: The pack of three 😉

Post by PogArtTi »

Some more progress on to blacky πŸ˜‰
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I agree with Jay and Mike. The character is really starting to come through loud and clear!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 am I agree with Jay and Mike. The character is really starting to come through loud and clear!
Thank you 😊😊😊
I'm back again busy at work, so no frequent progress anymore...
Especially now, while at late shifts everyday.
I'm craving to get back to it ASAP πŸ˜‰
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

You really are capturing their expression, their essence! I am looking forward to watching this develop. Interesting breed of dogs.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: ↑Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 pm You really are capturing their expression, their essence! I am looking forward to watching this develop. Interesting breed of dogs.
Thank you once more 😊
I wasn't working on it for a while - busy at work, + overtimes...
I have few days off now, I'll try to finish it when I have a chance now πŸ˜‰
I'll do some progress tomorrow for sure (Thursday 03 Feb).
πŸ˜‰

JayS

Post by JayS »

Arthur, good work. Keep it us.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi my friends - if you still remember me...
It's been worst few months of my drawing routine.
At the beginning of the year my bus company did offer a higher rate per hour for overtime (just below Β£18)...
At first it didn't affect me, but slowly I got swallowed by the idea of earning more each week...
My expensive hobbies like an aquarium, inline skates, footbike and supporting my finances by paying off my debts faster - made my life to become a slave to overtimes.
Literally, if I'm correct I was having no more than two days off per month for last long months.
I'm commuting to work on my inline skates, or footbike for 13km per day.
It's good for my health (I hope),but at same time it's making my body tired every day, on top of that great lack of resting days equals to lost of motivation for drawing...
I think I fed up.
I need get my life back.
I'm 50 this month.
The plan I have is to reduce my working hours, stop doing overtimes - no more 7 days per week spent at work...
It's June already, I'm making my small steps to achieve my plan to enjoy my life.
In UK it's two days of Bank Holiday, it's special time regarding our Queen Elisabeth - it's good time for me to change something then.
I've been enjoying gardening today, feeding my fishes (especially African Butterflys!!!), and YES!!!
YES YES YES !!!
I GOT BACK TO MY DRAWING AS WELL !!!
I do feel sorry for leaving you behind my friends...
It's not that I'm not showing respect to our friendship, it's because once I stop drawing I do keep away from anything connected to it - unfortunately this forum is the only place to share my personal feelings, and drawings to you my friends, and at the same time the first place to stop visiting...
Once I stop drawing, I just can't follow others...
I am very sorry.
I suspended my Facebook account for last few months as well, I did open it again about two weeks ago...
I'm sorry for bother you with my personal thoughts, I just wanted share what has happened to me...
I'll try to keep up your new arts that you've posted during my absence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Artur... WELCOME BACK! :D

I understand your problems with work - speaking as someone who had a 42-hour working week before drawing took over my life. I was a taxi driver in Harrogate, working the 2pm to 2am shift, 7 days a week. Well, art got me out of that. Now I work 12-hour days, 7 days a week... but at least I enjoy it :)

As for inline skates and foot bikes... I can't remember who said, "I think every heart has a finite number of beats - and I'm not wasting mine by running", but I think he had a point. Just saying :roll:
I GOT BACK TO MY DRAWING AS WELL !!!
And maybe that's just the therapy you need. Take it easy. Just enjoy it. Don't force it... and you never know where it might take you.

Good to have you back. And feel free to offload your thoughts on us any time you need to. That's what friends are for.

Oh... and good timing, too. I'll have a new video for you tomorrow ;)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thanks Mike, a NEW VIDEO !!!
Well!
I have a good timing indeed my friend πŸ˜‰

That's interesting saying regarding the heart bits though 😊
I'm not doing anything extra, just physically commute whether on skates or footbike...
But after 8 or 9 hours spent on driving buses, my body is just tired enough, so when I'm back home I do collapse on the sofa πŸ˜…
Quick shower, some dinner, coffee ...
That's it, no time or energy left for anything really...
This is what I need to stop, I mean it πŸ‘

At the moment I'm willing to finish these dogs drawing, to keep my word given, and then I'm gonna start some different project, just for myself to enjoy it πŸ˜‰

Thank you Mike 😊

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: ↑Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:58 pm ...and then I'm gonna start some different project, just for myself to enjoy it πŸ˜‰
And that's the way to go! ;)

Seriously. I've always drawn FOR ME. Even commissions. If you're not enjoying it - stop! Or, in my case, if I knew I wouldn't enjoy it, I never started it :D

Ne video? Just uploaded everything: DRAWING WEEDS. Made for Rideum to answer a question he had about drawing them. It'll be on YouTube too later tonight.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net