The pack of three 😉

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

The pack of three 😉

Post by PogArtTi »

Well, it's another drawing on its way πŸ˜‰
My nephew did ask me if I wouldn't mind make the drawing of three Pomeranians.
I find it very difficult to refuse, even though I'm avoiding commission drawings, it seems I do accept them occasionally?
Because I don't treat it as money making drawings, I do it rather as a gift, but I'm asking for Β£5 to cover usage of varnish and the paper page πŸ€”
Last time I got paid 10x what I wished for, other time we were invited for nice dinner, and I was given posh bottle of alcohol ...
What I'm saying is, that some people do appreciate my effort, what is very good feeling...
This drawing is tricky in this matter, because my nephew has asked for it, but it's meant to be a gift for his mother in law - these dogs belongs to her...
So I don't know if I shall ask to get paid for, or just a Β£5 πŸ€”
Because I feel very inconvenient to ask my nephew for money, I've started it free hand.
So I'm not tracing correct outlines as I used to, every time I'm drawing for somebody, but enjoying the process rather, and treating it as an exercise/practice instead...
I hope it'll give me stress free drawing, whether my nephew woul'd like to pay me for it, or not at all.
I'm planning ask him for Β£5 πŸ˜‰
Let see how it ends 😁
Not having high expectations, I'm not letting people to kill my motivation - I found out I am very fragile in this matter... πŸ˜’πŸ€”πŸ˜Š

The Pomeranian (often known as a Pom) is a breed of dog of the Spitz type that is named for the Pomerania region in north-west Poland and north-east Germany in Central Europe. Classed as a toy dog breed because of its small size, the Pomeranian is descended from larger Spitz-type dogs, specifically the German Spitz. It has been determined by the FΓ©dΓ©ration Cynologique Internationale to be part of the German Spitz breed; and in many countries, they are known as the Zwergspitz ("Dwarf Spitz").
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: The pack of three 😉

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm going to work tomorrow (4:49am)πŸ˜…
So I've managed to spent an additional time now, to correct/block in the dog faces further more...
I'm getting lost in here, I'm struggling to be exactly precise regarding the proper position those dogs are on the reference, but at the same time I tried to place them horizontally correct regarding the page I'm drawing on...
On the reference the blackish dog at the right it's noticeably lower than the one at very left...
He is nearest to the camera too...
Unconsciously I've moved him a bit up, so the bottom line of the page isn't disturbed as much...
I'm actually very enjoying drawing these little beauties ... I love to draw animals 😊
Let see how it'll turn up later πŸ˜‰
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

This is going to be fun to follow along! I know that you love dogs so I hope you enjoy the process. These little guys are full of character so they’re great subjects to draw!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:49 am These little guys are full of character so they’re great subjects to draw!
Yes, they quite interesting to draw.
Dwarf lions πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰
It's my first day at work this year lol...
I'm hoping to carry on this drawing later this afternoon then πŸ˜‰
Thanks Laurene 😊

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm starting building up the fur on the darkest of three 😊
Once I'm happy with his blackest blacks 😁, I'll be more confident to work on the lighter fur of two others guys in here πŸ˜‰

Did I mention the size of this drawing - I've forgotten!
Sorry 😁

Arches Aquarelle Watercolour Hot Pressed 140lb
12"/16" (A3).
Mixed graphite media.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Not much time today to enjoy this drawing...
Tomorrow's shift starts at 5am πŸ₯΄

JayS

Post by JayS »

Pogart...This is a great start especially considering it is free hand. I especially like the way in which the way you have captured the character of the critters with just a few strokes. This is going to be great. It looks to me like you are drawing on a rough paper? I'm also wondering about the size of the drawing? I'm looking forward to your progress.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:53 pm Pogart...This is a great start especially considering it is free hand. I especially like the way in which the way you have captured the character of the critters with just a few strokes. This is going to be great. It looks to me like you are drawing on a rough paper? I'm also wondering about the size of the drawing? I'm looking forward to your progress.
Thanks a lot for keen comment πŸ˜‰
I'm just getting lost between these beauties, then I'm working very hard to find my way back πŸ˜…
I'm worry of the final effect, lol πŸ˜…

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Jenny used to breed Poms, so we know them very well. Tiny dog that doesn't know it, so it's quite fearless, even when shouting at a German Shepherd or one of the Borzois :D

This is going superbly well - keep going...
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:28 pm Jenny used to breed Poms, so we know them very well. Tiny dog that doesn't know it, so it's quite fearless, even when shouting at a German Shepherd or one of the Borzois :D
Thank you very much 😊
Yes, it seems in such small body there's brave heart indeed πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
You reminded me the YT video, where I saw comparison of protection of pure pedigree protective dogs to the general crossed ones...
Couple of different protective breeds did fail to defend their owners (obviously they were companion dogs, not trained), where the crossed little ones went mad against the potential attacker, and tried their best to protect the owner!?
Impressive, isn't it?!
It also remind me other video, where the CCTV camera record caught up the moment where to sleeping Rottweiler came up two Wolves ...
I was expecting the Rottie to stand up and fight back, but surprisingly he had just looked at the Wolves, and one of them just snapped the dog by his neck and dragged him easily to the woods?!
No fight back, no nothing - as I'd expect from the breed well known for its power and capabilities ...
The above brings me conclusion, that not the best friend is who talks a lot how good he is to us, but the one who may be quiet, but giving us a hand everytime we need it 😊😊😊