Stretching watercolour paper 🤔

Discussions, Questions, Recommendations... on everything to do with PENCILS, PAPERS, and all other TOOLS for any medium; and general DRAWING TECHNIQUES.
PogArtTi

Stretching watercolour paper 🤔

Post by PogArtTi »

I've started experimenting with stretching.
It went so so for the first attempt, but I've noticed, that the paper's surface became very soft, rubbing easily off, so every time I wanted use any of blending techniques - I was rubbing very gently to spread out the graphite over.
Today I tried to touch the wet yet paper, and I did pill off the surface too easy - making a unpleasant scar on it...
That scar may be likely visible after I place the graphite over it, so at this point I knew, that the page is unusable for me, so I started running over it with my finger to see how soft it is - it's very soft!
Obviously it was still wet, but Jono Dry artist is watering his paper heavily, so I thought it's alright.
Further more he's rubbing his paper by the sponge, all over the page...
If you know I mean ...
My way of gently treating my paper was nothing in comparison!
Furthermore - I'm using very same paper!
Arches Aquarelle Watercolour Hot Pressed 300gsm.
I have no clue why I'm having this softness issue.
What if I'd start heavily rubbing my paper by the sponge?
I'd ruin it immediately for sure.
I'm done for now, regarding stretching 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*