"Sisterka" - Free hand attempt.

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
JayS

Re: "Sisterka" - Free hand attempt.

Post by JayS »

Arthur, I had to admit I didn't know anything about Steam Punk until you mentioned it. I looked up the style and suddenly realized that half the people I see every day are dressed like that. Just Kidding!
I was born on a ranch near Meeker Colorado. Meeker is a small town of roughly 1000 people.
As a genuine Colorado Cowboy, I am embarrassed to admit that I have only 2 cowboy hats and one pair of cowboy boots. I do have about 20 baseball caps though.
I am just about as genuine western as a person can get.
J.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:38 pm Arthur, I had to admit I didn't know anything about Steam Punk until you mentioned it. I looked up the style and suddenly realized that half the people I see every day are dressed like that. Just Kidding!
Hahahahaaaa πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
I was born on a ranch near Meeker Colorado. Meeker is a small town of roughly 1000 people.
I love it !
I am just about as genuine western as a person can get.
RESPECT 🀘😎
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

JayS

Post by JayS »

Man, You have STYLE!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: ↑Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:19 pm Man, You have STYLE!
πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

JayS

Post by JayS »

The pressure was tremendous, but success was inevitable! I found the paper press. This press measures 26"X26". The rocker clamps in the corners rock down to apply pressure. To open the press to insert paper between the two pieces of plywood you rotate the clamps to the left until they come off the bolts. To tighter you rotate the clamps to the right until you have the amount of pressure you want. Then you flip the clamp over toward the center of the board to tighten. I put handles on the front so that I can easily lift the top plywood off the bottom. I also colored the upper left hand corner red on both the top and bottom plywood so that the bolts would always be in alignment when putting the bords together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Your work is so beautiful!!!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: ↑Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:12 pm I found the paper press.
You not only found the press, but also have described it perfectly!!!
From detail to detail - thank you!
I don't know how much effort it cost you to search the press... - I'm very appreciate it JayS !!!
It's well builded press to last πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
It will give me more clue of how the perfect press is suppose to be made πŸ˜‰

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: ↑Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:27 pm Your work is so beautiful!!!
Thanks a lot for keen comment Kathryn 😊
I tried to make my sister happy, but it's also warming me up, that you and other artists do like it too 😊