Not enjoying my work

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
DavidBunyan

Re: Not enjoying my work

Post by DavidBunyan »

I think this is looking great, I'm looking forward to seeing it develop

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

Finally I’m enjoying this process. Now I’m understanding negative space . Lots to learn still . Thank you Mike for all the teachings. Such a blessing to be able to do this 🙏🏻
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Peebee, there is no need for the process to be overwhelming. It is only one step after another. Take one at a time. Speaking of time. it doesn't matter. Worrying about progress measured by the tic of a clock is only a distraction. Get in your groove and forget everything but what is here and now. Mike's videos are wonderful. I, too, have learned a lot. I think I'll have to watch them over and over to get all the wealth that is there.

I would like to see the progress you have made. Will you post an update?

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Peebee - don't be so hard on yourself! As Jay says, one step at a time. And as Mike said, learn from the photo, it is a good way to understand the image.
Honestly - I would have found it very difficult to draw this. Being emotionally involved and grieving for the loss makes it very hard for you. You want it to be a perfect representation of your beloved friend and that is tough to do.
What you have done so far is good - like Jay says just draw in the grove. Relax into it and while you draw think about this lovely pup who was a joy to have around. Your love for the animal will shine through in the work.

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

@JayS @LindasPencils@David Bunyan thank you so much for the support . I am getting into the flow now . I guess initially I had doubts since I have just started to draw . I will post my progress again this weekend :) I’m lucky I get to honour my baby like this ,it’s very rewarding . Thank you ❤️

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Keep going. This is looking super, and I'm so looking forward to seeing the progress.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

Hello friends,

Had a set back due to covid but I’m back to my drawing again . Still a long way to go . Any feedback would be appreciated:)

Also I don’t understand why the photos don’t upload straight :( sorry about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

It’s coming along beautifully. Loads of wonderful texture in that hair that I can “feel”. I especially love the dark hair on the left side of his face. Lovely work there!

I hope you’re recovering well from your bout with covid.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Had a set-back due to covid, but I’m back to my drawing again.
Excellent! And I've just had 36 hours without a migraine - first time in 6 weeks - so I think they're coming to an end! :P
Also, I don’t understand why the photos don’t upload straight
Nor me. However, if you're using a PC, check the orientation of the thumbnail in the image's folder. If that's turned, your image at DWM will be too. Use the "picture tools" tab to make the thumbnail upright, and that should correct the problem here. That works for me.

I haven't much to comment on - it's looking super. I do find the quality of the hair to either side of the nose to be a little distracting - one is smooth, the other in tight bunches. And I love that brilliant highlight in the eye that pulls me straight in.

Keep going - you're doing remarkably well.
PRIYA-Buddha2.jpg
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

So glad to hear that you’re feeling some relief from your migraines Mike!