Paying respect

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
rideum51

Re: Paying respect

Post by rideum51 »

january-66a-protest-capitol-gty-jc-210825_1629909259868_hpMain_16x9_1600_InPixio-001.jpg
Thought I would throw this one in while I still look for the cemetary. Actually it's my favorite. Mysubtitle is "not all cowboys are republicans some are just americans".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

rideum51 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:11 am The comments regarding the background were right on. I don't know how I missed it in the beginning. I've redone it, but at the moment I can't find it in the computer.
Keep looking.... we want to see it! :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

january-66a-protest-capitol-gty-jc-210825_1629909259868_hpMain_16x9_1600_InPixio_InPixio.jpg
arlington_virginia_united_states_arlington_national_cemetery1a_InPixio.jpg
Found it. and then there is ASHAMED. Big day tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Definitely along the right lines. It instantly brings focus where focus is required. Except... there's a big jump now. There's no midground.

I'd want to sharpen the immediate scene behind the horse and then let it blur away - as you have done. Maybe not as much, though.

At present the background looks more like a wall hanging, or a backdrop on a stage, with no depth at all.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:58 pm •Except... there's a big jump now. There's no midground.

•At present the background looks more like a wall hanging, or a backdrop on a stage, with no depth at all.
I'm agree to Mike's comment.
This is perfect artwork to me, I couldn't have do it as perfectly as you - ever, but the whole effect is suggesting, that the man and the horse are standing at a front of the huge blurred billboard, rather than being a part of the field.
That connection is breached because of immediate blurring effect.
It is alright though, if your clue for the art was to present it as it is my friend.
It is your clue, your artwork and your idea behind this stunning art!
I'm commenting the effect only, not the art itself, which is brilliant!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*