Paying respect

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
rideum51

Paying respect

Post by rideum51 »

I found this image and felt compelled to use the subject and modify the scene.
Arlington paying respects20211015_12270452-001.jpg
The image was done with 2H,HB,2B. Since past work came out with a higher contrast than the original, I tried to modify the setting on the scanner to better represent the original. It did work better, but not perfect. I know what I would like to do with the background, we'll see what happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidBunyan

Re: Paying respect

Post by DavidBunyan »

I really like how this is shaping up, and interested in what you're going to do with the background.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

This is special, Rideum! But why have you put it in 'Other' medium rather than Graphite. Please link to it in the graphite forum so it gets a wider viewing.
The horse in particular is a very good and special rendering. You do horses so well! And all that saddle stuff! It shows me that you have an good understanding of how all those accoutrements work (I would not have a clue).

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Hi Linda, lets start with I have no clue why the program put two images up there and I couldn't get rid of one. (the system has been warned about its behaviour and the problem fixed: ED :) )
Now you see why I put it where I put it. I tried to draw that image but it just didn't look decent even. So for this exercise I did my first digital thing for fun. I'm not knocking the digital art world but it's just not my thing. So yes I will put it on the graphite page and look for a image that lends itself better for pencil. Hopefully same emotion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Mike I'm sure you are busy but when you get a chance I would like your comments, thanks Michael

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

rideum51 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 pm Mike I'm sure you are busy but when you get a chance I would like your comments, thanks Michael
Taking a break from editing the next video - just a demo to film, and it should be ready some time next week.

Concerning the drawing, I haven't much to say - because it's looking good. Drawn with a bundle of care, and it shows.

The background is down to personal preference - and I don't care for this one. But that's more of a cultural thing. Although it's conceptually valid, my main objection is that it's far too busy and far too sharp. It totally dominates the drawing. As for an alternative - I've no idea :roll:

But I'm, looking forward to seeing your solution. :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Thanks Mike, me tooooo

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Maybe if the background was vingetted/misted off and fading away into the distance? Only one or two of the stones in detail?

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Interesting thanks

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

The comments regarding the background were right on. I don't know how I missed it in the beginning. I've redone it but at the moment I can't find it in the computer.