Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post by PogArtTi »

Improving the face...
Final touches soon 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

It's FINISHED !!!
Wow wow ... at last 😊
I was dreamed to become an artist, I knew that artists having their lack of motivation issue, what's killing the joy of creating arts.
Getting through it myself is showing me exactly what's the feeling is alike 😉
Thank you everybody for kind supporting my efforts, for keen comments and for all credits given all the time!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Signed & varnished 😉

JayS

Post by JayS »

This is a wonderful accomplishment! Perhaps the greatest part is what you have learned about yourself as an artist. You successfully worked though all of the barriers to create something that honors family and sacrifice. Not the least of which is the sacrifice you made to do this art.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:52 pm This is a wonderful accomplishment! Perhaps the greatest part is what you have learned about yourself as an artist. You successfully worked though all of the barriers to create something that honors family and sacrifice. Not the least of which is the sacrifice you made to do this art.
Thank you ...
This afternoon my friend came over to collect this drawing...
Yes, he did mention many times he loves it no matter what I'm thinking about this final effect, but today I saw his watering eyes when taking the drawing to his hands ...
This emotional moment can not lie - it was best gift I could get when handling the art to the recipient ...
Thank you again, it's very kind of you...

The photos I was uploading in here are very grainy instead of being smooth... I'm drawing on Arches Aquarele Watercolour Hot Pressed, and I was expecting it to be smooth paper. It might not be as much noticeable on larger format drawing, but this post card alike size of drawing has made all that paper's texture very prominent, what is ruining the subtle shading I wanted achieve. My next drawing will be on A3 size, but I'm preparing Acrylic Gesso to draw on. It's going to be for a first time, but I was planing it long ago (I know you know about it ;) )
All I'm after is to achieve SMOOTH surface, smoother than originally it is... Also the Gesso will let me make this drawing with improved contrast between black and white. It's because the Arches Aquarele is creamy tone, but the Gesso is nearly pure whitish. Let see how it goes JayS ;)

JayS

Post by JayS »

You may want to try Strathmore Series 5, 3 ply plate. It is very smooth. It is so smooth that you may have to use 5 or 6B to get serious blacks along with a second layer of HB.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:20 pm You may want to try Strathmore Series 5, 3 ply plate. It is very smooth. It is so smooth that you may have to use 5 or 6B to get serious blacks along with a second layer of HB.
Thank you, but I've changed my mind today...
After 4 layers of Gesso, sanding and reapplying I gave up today.
I must doing something not just right, as instead of smooth finish, I have achieved even more coarse surface than originally it was.
Yes I suspect it's because of the painting roller I've used, but I thought it may be better for spreading out the Gesso equally around the paper page...
I was wrong.
Nevermind - I've had Ampersand claybord leftover...
This is as smooth as possible - I've just started new portrait JayS 😊
Thank you for your keen support!

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Its wonderful- such a great accomplishment, despite barriers you encountered (and overcame)! I love the expression, texture and effects you used. You really touched your friend's life in such a deep way with your artwork! Congratulations!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

great result. Especially realizing you only had a dinky, crappy reference to work from! well done.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Artur.... despite all your earlier misgivings, I think the end result is absolutely superb. From an appalling reference you've produced a drawing full of character, and I've no doubt the young soldier would easily recognise himself, if only he was here to see it.

No wonder your client was pleased. Well done!
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net