Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: ↑Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:29 am btw... now I kinda want to see your ink in better detail! It looks rather good skin art.
Lol 😁 😁 😁
Especially for you I may consider to focus the camera more onto my arm, rather than the drawing Linda πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
It is very old tattoo...
Started long ago, and got stuck unfinished...
I have a plan to cover it all, and make one piece full sleeve black&white.
Unfortunately the Tattoo Studio's are very expensive - you know me, I just have a lot of hobbies, so still struggling to make my mind up to start saving to finish my skin art 😊
I WISH TO GET IT DONE!!!
One day... πŸ˜‰
If I win a lottery 😎

Regarding the drawing - you are very right as always, I thought it'll be quickly done, but I found myself spending more time on it that I thought I will πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Thank you 😊😊😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I was improving the face features today.
Surprisingly my friend has managed to improve this poor quality photo, and even turn it into colour - jusf by using the mobile phone app.
Unfortunately I started this dtawing without this enhanced version, so having both references now is kind of letting me see the face in better detail, but I got stuck to the poorer transfered shapes.
I'm not sure if I like it, but I'm not willing to start over again either πŸ˜….
Let see how it goes 😊😊😊
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

I appreciate the way you control the pencil on a very small drawing. Looking forward to how you complete the project.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Your drawing looks fantastic! I love the expression- warmth, youth and uncertainty of what lies ahead. Amazing amount of detail and character in such a small artwork!

JayS

Post by JayS »

You are doing a great job with this. Your progress shows significant improvement with each post. I couldn't help but think about how what you are doing is a time capsule transporting me back to when my father was in uniform during WWII. This is a great gift for all who see it.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Hi Artur. I’m sorry I haven’t been around lately. This is just lovely. His youth and vulnerability are very
touching.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
I'm losing my motivation for drawing.
I can't pin point what's happening, but I'm doing everything else, but drawing?
I started playing computer games!?
I'm finding the longer the break, the harder to get back to it...

I wanted to draw portrait for my sister, for her birthday...
Never happened.
I couldn't start it?
I did apologise for the *gift being late - what a terrible excuse it is...

Yes, I keep thinking to get back to drawing.
So SOMEHOW I managed to go upstairs today, and do some more bits on this piece.
I feel just terrible, because I love what I'm doing, but I'm losing it at same time?

If you'd like to watch short video πŸ˜‰ :
https://youtu.be/lU3AUU0Mc0g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

rideum51 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 pm I appreciate the way you control the pencil on a very small drawing. Looking forward to how you complete the project.
You are too kind ...
I'm having tough time regarding my motivation to carry on.
I'm willing to wake up, but at same time I'm running away...
Let's hope I can finish this one and move on...
Thank you 😊

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: ↑Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 am Your drawing looks fantastic! I love the expression- warmth, youth and uncertainty of what lies ahead. Amazing amount of detail and character in such a small artwork!
So many kind words for somebody who's losing motivation 😊
Thank you very much!
I'm just trying to get out from the deep hole I'm in...
I've had a loooong break, today it's first time I did some on this drawing.
Something stops me from enjoying this one, I know what.
It's the poor reference I was given to start off.
Most of the features I was guessing, then my friend has sent me this reference corrected/adjusted/improved by the mobile app...
On that reference everything looks sharper, better...
Those eyes...!
This is probably what's blocking me off - the start is looking off...
So I'm forcing myself now, to get it done as I promised to my friend...
Thank you 😊

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: ↑Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:49 pm You are doing a great job with this. Your progress shows significant improvement with each post. I couldn't help but think about how what you are doing is a time capsule transporting me back to when my father was in uniform during WWII. This is a great gift for all who see it.
I love what you've said...
Thank you very much!
I started wrong having poor quality photo to work with, this is killing me.
The latest improved photo is much clearer to follow, but my start was off...
Now I'm willing just to get it done, as good as I can.
But I don't like it too much, in my opinion it's the worst drawing I've ever done.
I was guessing the face features at the very beginning...
Having now improved by mobile app reference is making me cry.
All I want now is to make it nicely, to feel no shame if possible...
Thank you for sharing your memories regarding the war and your dear dad ...