Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post by PogArtTi »

I was asked for commission by workmate, I have refused, but he made me curious what is it about...
After he told me the story of his grand grand dad that went missing on the front of the First Wold War - I decided to help him.
For free of course πŸ˜‰
My friend is collecting memories, to build up the Family Tree...
I'm very happy to help.

The size of the drawing he requested is very small, to be honest it's first time I'm drawing onto such small piece of paper.
4"x6" πŸ˜‰

The reference is the only picture he has.
I'll do my best.

I started off blocking the background.
The progress is very fast, lol 😁
I think I'll enjoy it a lot πŸ˜‰
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: Grand Grand ... dad ... .. .

Post by PogArtTi »

Today is my day off so I carried on some blocking in to shape the face.
It's weird drawing, because of the reference photo...
But I'm trying 😊😊😊
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

This is short update of the latest progress - eyes placed, so it shouldn't look weird anymore πŸ˜‰

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Good progress. Only one thing to mention so far..... and I'm far too late :)

If you draw right to the edge, it becomes almost impossible to frame. Just saying... :roll: ;)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:35 pm Good progress.
Thank you a lot 😊
If you draw right to the edge, it becomes almost impossible to frame. Just saying... :roll: ;)
Thank you - I'm aware πŸ˜‰
This is small drawing 4"x6" and it's going into larger show frame, to rest between some other memorable medalsπŸ…, and badges.
My friend is collecting memorable items, and building up the Family Tree πŸŽ„.
Thank you Mike.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Wow! I'm impressed! That's so hard to draw so small!! Looking great!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: ↑Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:11 pm Wow! I'm impressed! That's so hard to draw so small!! Looking great!
And it's my first MINI art so far πŸ˜…
Thank you 😊 😊 😊

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

What an interesting project! It’s nice of you to help your friend with this. You’re capturing that look of a very young man who has seen too much in his short life.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:00 am What an interesting project! It’s nice of you to help your friend with this. You’re capturing that look of a very young man who has seen too much in his short life.
Yes... true 😯
I'm not drawing for a week, because I'm on late shifts ...
I'm really missing this drawing.
I'm looking forward to get back to it 😊
Thank you...

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Miniature art is a lot of fun! The real trick is to remember that just because it is small doesn't mean that the detail and time spent in not as involved as a larger work. Sometimes a good miniature can take longer than a larger work!
This piece of yours is going well and I look forward to seeing it progress further.
btw... now I kinda want to see your ink in better detail! It looks rather good skin art.