Fraser Island Dingo

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Fraser Island Dingo

Post by LindasPencils »

I cannot remember if I posted this here - but I cannot see it in the list so will post anyway.
This is a demonstration drawing done during my classes in Term 2. Our subject was Canines - so any sort of canine was allowed. All sorts were done, from wolves, foxes, little Pekinese, large setters, etc. Fun drawings were created.
This dingo was done in Staedtler Techno 2mm pencils 2H, HB, 2B and 4B with some Staedtler wood F burnishing as needed.
Because there have been issues with recent dingo attacks on Fraser Island, the local council is trying to install fencing around residential/visitor areas which will greatly restrict the free movement of these animals. Unfortunately the real issue is humans feeding the dingo, habituating them - they look and act very like domestic dogs but are wild - so if child tries to play with them and then runs away the dingo will chase and attack. Fences are one solution to the problem, but a sad one.
Work is titled 'Don't Fence Me In' and is based on photos I took at the Wide Bay WIRES rehab center.
DontFenceMeIn_FraserDingoDWM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Re: Fraser Island Dingo

Post by Laurene »

Great drawing and title Linda! Wildlife and human interaction are becoming a problem everywhere. Here it’s coyotes, but worse now is the coyote/wolf cross. They’re much larger than coyotes but are not as shy of humans as wolves are. They’re bold like coyotes. I haven’t heard of any attacks on humans but they’ll take a dog or cat right out a back yard.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:48 pm I haven’t heard of any attacks on humans
I've hear unfortunately.
It were two coyotes, wandering around the tourist park area.
I don't remember that case well, so I don't want to spread fake details, but the way I remember it is one of the tourists disappeared, and on cameras those two coyotes were seen wandering around the tourists track area.
They wild, they strong and fearless if hungry...
Also I saw on YouTube CCTV record of young girl being stalked by one coyote on the garden area, just at a front of her house.
He was following her before she managed to ran away to the house...
They're opportunists predators I guess...

If reincarnation is a fact, I wish I'll never get reborn in any form ever.
We humans destroying the Earth, wildlife, taking but not giving enough to keep the balance.
It's getting worst at every another year.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Lovely drawing Linda.
I love all the animals, Dingo are very interesting wild dogs indeed.
I always wanted to have a wolf instead of domestic dog - you know, when we are children we having a lot of imagination, aren't we 😉
The older I'm getting the less I want to own any animal.
Yes I have fishes and other water creatures in my tank, yes, I feel sorry I have these, but can't helped myself.
Why?
As far as I'm aware the Cardinal tetras are wild caught, so the Celestial danios... 😒

Anyway back to your lovely drawing dear Linda 😊
I love the metal mesh, it's detailed and drawn with great attention to the wires, awesome 👍👍👍
So the Dingo itself, it's looking well detailed everywhere I look, nice drawing indeed 🤘🤠
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 am Fences are one solution to the problem, but a sad one.
That's a really sad situation for any animal to be in... but it's one heck of an accomplished drawing. I think it's simply stunning.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

thank you Mike, Pogs, Laurene. Much appreciate your comments.