My babies

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Peebee

My babies

Post by Peebee »

Hello friends,

Just sharing some of my work . I have used fineliners . I just started to draw after losing one of my babies ,end of 2020 . The grief has been hard and drawing them helps with the pain somehow.
I started with pen because it’s like life … no room for mistakes.

I’m hoping to learn all the basics from this beautiful course and figure out how to draw my white dog , lama.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Re: My babies

Post by Laurene »

These are wonderful!! Each one has his/her own personality! I can see your love of your furry family coming through loud and clear.

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

Thank you laurene ❤️ They are true to their name . Dalai wise , lama thinks he is a goat and Buddha just like lord Buddha.
This is my first attempt at fineliner and there is so much to learn and understand. Also I have photos that don’t have good lighting or clarity so hoping I figure out photo shop and can draw the outline like Mike does . As you can see I’m struggling with white on white and the shadow at the bottom. I guess that comes from lack of knowledge and practice.
It’s my goal to fill my house and my soul with their drawings .

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

White and black hair are always so challenging. I think that you rendered the white fur very well. If you have Mike’s book (which I can’t recommend enough) take a look at page 232. You can see how he approached a drawing of a West Highland White Terrier. You can also see a print here
https://sibleyfineart.com/gallery_OE.ht ... t-highland

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

Thank you Laurene ❤️. I have Mike s book but I learn better from watching .the videos are so helpful . I do practice the basics everyday . Thank you for the print reference , really appreciate it . Regards.

Boblines

Post by Boblines »

Quite delightful illustrations, Peebee. For help in drawing your "white" dog, that is, drawing white on white refer to Mike's comments,(if you haven't already done so)where he makes clear that the white you are looking for is the paper itself; just draw the darks and the lights will look after themselves. Easier said than done, I agree, but this manner of looking at things has been a help to me. I too have suffered a loss recently have found that bringing a pencil and paper together removes all other thoughts and emotions. Heaven, really!!

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

@boblines I’m so sorry for your loss …I read a beautiful poem by Elena Barnabe .it’s says our hands are the antennas of our soul . I’m going to post that below for you ❤️

I have started to study lama’s photos , the darks are very light and I’m struggling with photoshop as I have photoshop on an I pad pro only and know nothing about its functions. I wish there is someone familiar with the keys on the iPad .just to get a basic guideline for the blocks of hair. Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boblines

Post by Boblines »

I was so moved by the poem which expresses so sublimely so much of what I feel. I have printed it out and have it clipped to my drawing board. Thank you so much.

I can imagine your problem with Photoshop. It is an excellent programme for professionals but for the likes of most of us, far too complex. There are simpler photo-editing programmes on the net which you can download onto your ipad for free. GIMP comes to mind. You should also have the built in photo editing programme IPHOTO on your IPAD. If you haven't , go to the Apple Apps store and get the free download.

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

@boblines I’m so happy to know that … ❤️ And thank you so much ,I will check iPhoto on my iPad .

Boblines

Post by Boblines »

Aplogies PeeBee! The programme is called Photos not IPhoto. Hope it works for you.