Hidden garden

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Hidden garden

Post by PogArtTi »

And not just a flying mouse... I'm in awe of the way they fly.
Yes, truly impressive skills...
Fatherless wings, body covered by the fur - but so skillful indeed !!!
Fully amazing creatures...
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh wow! You weren’t kidding when you said they were tiny Mike! I remember studying echolocation in mammals when I was in university. It struck me that something as tiny as a bat or as enormous as a whale would evolve similar senses. I also remember how absolutely minuscule the bat skull was. They’re wonders of engineering.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:11 pm Oh wow! You weren’t kidding when you said they were tiny, Mike! I remember studying echolocation in mammals when I was in university. It struck me that something as tiny as a bat or as enormous as a whale would evolve similar senses. I also remember how absolutely minuscule the bat skull was. They’re wonders of engineering.
I don't know much about bats, except that they're mammals, so won't have the hollow bones that birds do. But at the same time they are so incredibly light! I can barely feel one in my hand.

How anything so tiny and light can fit in the ability to fly - and fly extremely well - and echo-locate... And make those two work together so efficiently, is simply astounding.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

JayS

Post by JayS »

The development of this image is impressive. I particularly like the increased depth in the latest image.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

I love your drawing!! It is so imaginative and expressive!! I love the contrasts and the way it flows. Snails are such interesting creatures and yours just come alive. The composition is just lovely. (Also, you have a beautiful cat. My cats also like to "help")