Hidden garden

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Hidden garden

Post by PogArtTi »

TBH the other one looked finished to me 😁😁😁
Sorry , lol 😊
It's obvious it's even more pleasing my eyes now, after touching up the dark values πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I do appreciate the highlights even more now, the way you've shaped shields ... 😊
Snails are amazing 😊 -> in my aquarium is a must to have them πŸ˜‰

*In Polish snail is snail, therefore I was confused, we just add whether it's carrying his house on his back or is ... homeless πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰
It's rather simply - in conversation regarding the gardening we using simply SNAIL, expecting others to know we mean slugs πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
Then we can add WITH THE SHIELD or without -> to clarify which of two we're talking about πŸ‘
It's similar like in English if you say MY FRIEND or MY PARTNER πŸ˜‰ - to clarify we need to add whether it's a female or man πŸ‘
The same is in Polish regarding prams matter πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹
Pram is pram , until you specify of what pram you talking about 😁😁😁
Therefore I used to be very confused πŸ˜…
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

It's absolutely delightful!

I'm not a great fan of slugs (threw four out of my studio only last night) but snails... I have a lot of time for snails :D

Talking of "throwing out", we've lately had bats fly into our lounge in the evening. I keep the fish-pond net indoors now to encourage them to leave again - assisted within the net if my ain is good enough. ;)

Then, last night, our dog Mia brought Jenny's attention to something on the floor by the side of the sofa. It was a tiny bat. I placed my hand alongside, and it climbed slowly on board. I left it in a tray on the bird feeder. Beautiful little thing - not quite an inch (2cm) long. I hope it flew away successfully, although it made no attempt to escape when I had it on my hand.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:36 pm although it made no attempt to escape when I had it on my hand.
I'm 49 [turned up 4 days ago 😁] and had never seen such little bat (baby bat πŸ’ž)...
It must been amazing experience handling it to the safe place Mike - I'm jealous 😁😁😁
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: ↑Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:19 pm and had never seen such little bat (baby bat πŸ’ž)...
Well, you're welcome to sit in our lounge any evening and - because we have the doors to the garden open for Mia - you'll probably be ducking as a bat circles the room :o

Or you can sit by the pond... and duck as they fly overhead.

I say "they... they're all called "Nora".

Nora? You don't watch "Last of the Summer Wine"? The longest running sitcom in the world... OK... you won't know Nora Batty then :)
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

You right -> I didn't watch this tv series πŸ€”, so I wouldn't know where's "Nora" come from 😁😁😁
I'm watching bats sometime around my house or elsewhere, but it's single bat only or two maybe - not as many as you have described, and not flying around the room at all 😁😁😁
Your house must be lovely place to live ... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thank you both for the kind words. Mike, although I’ve never seen your place, it’s alive in my imagination with visions of horses and miniature donkeys and chickens and toads and tadpoles and dead frogs and now bats!!! Mia must have thought she died and went to heaven when she found a home with you and Jenny! πŸ˜„

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

Laurene, the finished results underscore Bob's charming words! You certainly created a small magical world, a delightful combination of reality and fantasy.

Here is the snail I drew (though I am not sure if it actually posted-tried clicking the photo icon then pasting the picture, the preview shows an image icon, but not my picture). Rather uninspiring next to yours, I have thought about redoing it, and adding a strawberry plant just within the snails reach, just not sure I'm ready to try that yet.

Now as to Mike's bat... I've also seen baby bats up close and personal. Growing up in a large family I took over a small section of our attic as a room for myself. There were times bats tried to make their home in the rafters and sometimes the babies would fall through the slots. I had forgotten about that until I read Mike's account.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

No, the image didn’t post, but thank you for the kind words. I have another small snail drawing ready to begin. If I complete it I’ll post it here and maybe you can try posting yours again. I’d love to see it.

I really haven’t seen bats very often. Sounds like your attic was a wonderful secret room for a child!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Shmush wrote: ↑Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:56 am ...I am not sure if it actually posted-tried clicking the photo icon then pasting the picture, the preview shows an image icon, but not my picture).
As you found out, that won't work. :) Use the full editor (as you were).
Open the folder that contains your image.
Simply drag your photo into the editor's text box.

Next, click in the text box where you'd like your photo to appear,

Then scroll down to "Attachments", and you'll find your image listed there. Click the "INLINE" button and your image will appear where you clicked in your text.

Or you can drag it in and leave it. In that case, it will appear as an attachment at the end of your text.
Mike Sibley

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

Thanks for the instructions Mike. I have done attachments before but for some reason I got it in my mind since I was "replying" it worked a bit differently :| Probably because originally I was in "quick reply".
Anyway here is my snail. I had drawn it some time ago. Now I can view it with a more critical eye, there are some things I think I could improve on now. We are always learning, Right?!
snail drawn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.