A Radio chat...

Your latest work is in print? You have an upcoming workshop? Your cat's had kittens... Tell us YOUR NEWS!
LindasPencils

A Radio chat...

Post by LindasPencils »

My good friend Graeme Johnstone invited me on to Southern FM this morning to chat about my upcoming exhibition at Tacit and the previous Spoons exhibition held last month at AGRA.

Click here to hear the Southern FM interview

It was a great chat with Graeme, and we talked about my methods, concepts and way of working. Hope you enjoy listening to it!
📻

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: A Radio chat...

Post by Mike Sibley »

That was absolutely fascinating. Thank you. I loved hearing about the prep work and thought that goes into each piece. And the gathering of references too. I'm sure many non-artists think you just pick up a pencil, and it creates itself - it does us no harm to be reminded of the grunt work that goes into each piece.

Thank you!

If you ever find a source that's not time-limited, or if Southern FM might send you a copy of the interview, I'd be happy to host it and place a permanent link into this post for you. Or I could record it but, obviously, only with their permission.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Yes, I completely agree with Mike. It’s funny because I just recently commented on another post that the most valuable lesson I learned from you Linda, years ago, is that you spent as much if not sometimes more time preparing your compositions as you do drawing.

I’ve never forgotten that. As a matter of fact, when I’m just not in the mood to draw, I work up compositions in Paintshop Pro. I have a whole folder of them. Some become drawings , even years later, and some never do. I just enjoy the process.

Congratulations on a great interview and good luck with your show!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Thank you Mike and Laurene.
I often find that the pre-drawing and planning is so much fun, more fun than the actual drawing that I do different variations and then cannot decide on the final! And like Laurene I have sketchbooks filled with 'possibles'..
Mike, I've asked for a sound clip, but have yet to hear back. If they allow it I will let you know, thank you.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm Mike, I've asked for a sound clip, but have yet to hear back. If they allow it I will let you know, thank you.
I took the liberty of contacting them too, through their website. I even offered them time-limited free access if they feel the need to check the site first... but I've heard nothing yet.

UPDATE! They have generously supplied us with the full Linda Weil interview! I've just created a page for it and edited it into your original post. But here it again: Click to hear the interview
SouthernFM-banner.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net