Piranha

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Piranha

Post by Mike Sibley »

kwheller wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:06 pm ... ready to rejoin and see what others are doing and learn!
Just in time to join the BUTTERFLY DRAWING CHALLENGE.... should you decide to accept it :)

Welcome back, Kathy!

Details here and here. ;) An ideal opportunity to get to grips with Negative Drawing.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

I'm looking forward to the Butterfly Drawing Challenge and going over more of your videos!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

The next video is behind schedule, but I'll catch up soon. It's a busy time on the farm at this time of year - and I was offered a week of help by Pete the Plumber - who's brilliant at whatever he does... in this case, it's re-cladding my studio. I started the job two years ago.
Studio-Cladding.jpg
Well, it took us three days, but it's finished! I'm quite surprised (and delighted!) because it's 32 feet x 20 feet (not counting the porch) and a heck of a lot of work :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Sibley

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

How wonderful, Mike! It looks great! Enjoy!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Thanks! We have a workshop here a week tomorrow, so at least it's looking its best now :)

And water-tight!
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Amazing !!!
Wow ;) ;) ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

JayS

Post by JayS »

Add the teeth was great. In looking at your background I can see the pencil marks but have, perhaps, a different reaction. There is the possibility of wave motion suggested in the background. Accentuating this motion could add a dimension to your work.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

JayS wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:27 pm There is the possibility of wave motion suggested in the background. Accentuating this motion could add a dimension to your work.
Thanks so much for your comments! I was trying for subtle water movement, but I will try accentuating it the next time I draw something similar. First time drawing a fish in water.