Reining Power

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
rideum51

Reining Power

Post by rideum51 »

Reining Power9a 20210117_09425026.jpg
How the photographer, Bea Silva, got this shot is really amazing. I'm glad she did. It's called "Reining Power". Reining is a equine class of riding skills. Reining horses, almost always American Quarter Horses, are horses bred and trained to perform specific patterns from fast large circles to slow small circles, lead changes on the fly, spin very fast with a back leg anchored, and do amazing sliding stops as indicated in the drawing.
If anyone in interested to to youtube.com/rideum51 look for "fifties smoken lady". She was until she passed one of my quarter horses with amazing skills and great magician.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Reining Power

Post by PogArtTi »

Your drawings always making me speechless 😁😁😁
What an expression !!!
What a power!
Wow!!!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Dynamic image!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh my! What a powerful piece! Well done!!

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Wow! Such an amazing drawing!!! You can just feel the power of the horse! Thanks for sharing this!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I don't mean to take anything away from your previous drawings... but this is a major leap forward in understanding and execution.

You're telling your story - borrowing from the photographer's story, but definitely telling us YOURS. It relates everything that you obviously both admire and wish to convey to us...

And you're telling it in a way that is immediate. The "drawing" doesn't come between me and the experience of watching horse and rider.

It's simply superb.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

JayS

Post by JayS »

There is tremendous power in this image. For me the expression of that power comes from seeing that the cowboy has no control. Not a bit. Just the pressure of rider's legs communicate to the horse. The horse is in control and clearly can choose what action to take at high speed. The rider is along for the ride. Fabulous! What a STORY!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

so good!