As seen on TV! :)

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

As seen on TV! :)

Post by Mike Sibley »

Today I received a link to download my very own copy of "Escape to the Country".

Not because Jenny and I always enjoy the programme - although we do.

Not because we know anyone featured - we don't.

Not because... well, I could keep this going all day :roll:

No... because a piece of my artwork appeared on a wall in one of the properties. This isn't the first time we've seen my work on TV (John Prescott, for example, had my Bassett head-study hanging in his kitchen).

But it is the first time anyone has asked for my permission to display it. Frankly, I'm surprised, because I thought art on a wall would probably be classed as "people walking past the camera" and therefore not need a signed release form in order to air it.

So, what are we talking about here? A sideways shot of a Boxer print that you could miss if you weren't looking for it... and it's not even a print.... it's a matted and framed greetings card!

Naked TV did ask that I keep my copy strictly for personal use... but I just found it's been released on YouTube - so, here you go:
Escape to the Country: #14

Good luck spotting the print - at 23:13 for all of 4 seconds behind Nicki's head :D ;)

And again 23:30 to 23:40. Do you think I should add "AS SEEN ON TV" to my website? :roll: :lol:
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Re: As seen on TV! :)

Post by LindasPencils »

I love that show! And I am always entranced by how GREEN your countryside is. Then I dream of owning a little cottage on the Cornwall coast or something. Until it starts to rain. lol.

congratulations, I spotted your drawing immediately! Maybe you could to a screen save with 'As featured on...'?

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

Definitely add it to your website!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Yes, I spotted it right away too! This looks like such a dream home in a dream area!!! Did they mention your name in the credits too?

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 am Maybe you could to a screen save with 'As featured on...'?
Well.... I was joking :D I'm not sure that 14 seconds of a framed greetings card in the background actually raises me to "star" status... :roll:

...but that's a good thought. I'm really not very good at this "self-promotion" thing. Actually, if I'm honest, I'm terrible at it :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net