New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
RobB

Re: New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post by RobB »

The fur on the teddy is excellent
sure next time I tune in the drawing will be completed
very well done

Rob

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm much appreciated for your keen words 😉
To be precise it's battery operated cat, lol...
At his good days it was walking, sitting, etc...
Obviously these mechanical things aren't made to last forever, lol 😁
But she has bonded to this toy so badly, that nobody could take that cat off her...
She keeps it till now, it's her favourite toy, that can not be replaced (parents have tried.., didn't work 😅).
Thanks Rob for checking in my efforts 😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Her face is softly shaped as it should be and her little eyes are bright and alive. Maybe just put it aside for a couple of days and then go back to it. With fresh eyes, you’ll know if you feel you want to make any adjustments or not. That’s what I often do.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you 👍
I've got the same feeling that every time I do some more details, It does look better and better, and those flat surfaces getting their desired dimension 🤔

You don't know,but I'm forced to have a break this week.
I am on afternoon shifts every day since last Sunday.
I'm struggling to get organised before I go to work, lol 😊
All I can do is got up each morning, have my coffee, then I'm doing (I'm forcing myself,lol) some home gym workout routine....
Quick shower then, some food dropped into my empty stomach, an basically that's it...
Just preparing to go to work then 😉
Since last Sunday I can not fit between any skating daily practice, and I don't feel for drawing too 😒 especially after some physical training, where my arms are tired and shaking 😅

This might be the advantage you've mentioned Laurene 👍
When I manage to get to the drawing, I may look at it at different aspect, so I may figure out where and how to improve the face yet...
To be honest there's no much done regarding the details yet...
So when I start working on to those little details, the final thought my show up in my mind 😉
Thank you 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Well, I couldn't wait for today (my day off) to do some bits on my drawing 😉
I was busy earlier today, cause we went with my wife to local covid vaccination point.
She's 40, and I managed to book an appointment through the text messaging...
I'm confused why she wasn't allowed while trying online?
Never mind, we've succeed to get her first vaccine today (AstraZeneka)-I know, a lot of rumor around this one...

So later this evening I could immerse myself into drawing 😁
I am focusing to improve the face, so today my session was spent on eyes.
Every time and then I have improving tinny details around the edges, eyelashes/eyebrows ...
Bit by bit, trying to balance the corners, working to achieve interesting look.
Tomorrow another go, but I like it so far.

I'm using pencil strokes that I smudge later by the brush or stump, or I blend the stroke by harder pencil afterwards...
Really, I'm using any technique I'm familiar with, depends of my intuition...
Any critique PLEASE?
🤘🤠
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I can’t imagine what I could give you as a critique. Those eyes are glowing!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

You very kind Laurene 😊
Thank you!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm continuously improving the face, hair, dress...
Dress-the folds on our right hand side...
Just mapping where shadows are, to make the folds more prominent, and preparing to dig into more details then 😉
If you have any questions please ask, because I feel I have nothing to describe really...
Just carry on increasing shadows where needed, then adjusting the light...
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
I'd like to share some more progress on the folds, keep improving subtly the shadows around too.
I'm continuously thinking of - when enough is enough 😉
I mean I like it already, even unfinished, lol 😅
I'm just asking myself how far to push it yet to be 100% happy with the whole picture.
Thanks for watching.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Well, only you can decide when a piece is finished, but I’d say you’re just about there.

My focus goes straight to her eyes and to the little toy nestled in her neck. Then, the piece gives us so much texture and detail to explore!! There is so much attention paid to her little pearl necklace and to the ruffled sleeve of her dress. The way you’ve darkened the lower right corner creates an extra dimension of depth too.

I think this is your best work so far Artur! It has an old world painterly feel to it.