New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post by Laurene »

This is coming out so sweet! Her eyes, hands and arms are soft and so well formed. Her eyes are precious! Will they stay light in colour like this? The light colour works so well with the softness of the portrait.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you very much!
I was after to do around the eyes first then to do inside, and eyelashes...
It's because if I do eyelashes now, then I won't be able correct or alter shading on the eyelids, or I am risking smudge the eyelashes then...
Therefore I left the eyes half way like this, until I'm sure I'm happy with the surrounding area...
So I don't know what the eyes finally will be alike to be honest...
It seems I'm more focused on the hands at the moment 😅
Thank you Laurene 😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Some necklace study...
It's made of pearls, plenty of roundy shapes and shadow...
How you like if so far?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Very delicate! There’s so much precise work involved, in the shadow as well as the necklace. It also makes me realize that you’re working with an unusual light source - from the bottom right. That must be very challenging because we’re not used to thinking of light that way.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:44 pm Very delicate! There’s so much precise work involved,
Yes indeed, every single pearl must be done separately..., so the shadow must follow.
It's just basic shading, to guide me the way the necklace goes.
It also makes me realize that you’re working with an unusual light source - from the bottom right. That must be very challenging because we’re not used to thinking of light that way.
To be honest I'm not thinking too much of the light source Laurene 🤔
I do like the way it's appearing on the face and hands, so I'm only enjoying working within those shadows ...
Thank you for following Laurene 🙂

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

1 feel so sorry for being on suspended mode for so long...
Don't know what to say, just couldn't get back to this drawing at all.
I was missing it, but at the same time...?
Just nothing.
I've started equarium hobby, it was taking all my attention since.
I did raise it from nothing to the stage, where everything is supporting each other.
The chain environment...
Don't know, but it was giving me peace of mind,the stress relief too, calmness I needed...
It's April, lol.
Can't believe the time goes so quick!
This is my very first update since last long time.
I spent over an hour today to move my rusted hands a bit, and I was missing it a Lot!
I wish you all the best dear friends.

To provide you a bit more details regarding this drawing, I'm using in here at least 5 of different sets of pencils, and few separate pencils if needed.
I hope I can achieve different tonal effect within the drawing...
- the skin/flesh tone is drawn with Wolff's Carbon pencils.
- the dress is drawn with common Staedtler pencil set to achieve more shining appearance of the fabric...
- the hair is drawn with Staedtler Lumograph Black pencil set.
- the cat fur is drawn with set of three Palomino Blackwing pencils.
- the background is made with kneadable graphite ArtGraf No1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Love, love, love!!! I don’t draw people but I often read about how difficult hands are. You absolutely nailed those precious little hands. The teddy bear/cat toy has the most wonderful fur texture. I can feel it!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

You're absolutely too kind Laurene 😁😁😁
THANKS!
The cat fur isn't done yet, so the hands ...
I just started getting to more detailed work, to define the fur texture...
I wish it to be my show off drawing, but we will see when it's done 😉

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I was improving the hair texture today.
Just trying to get back to my drawing routine, lol 😅
So even an hour counts 😁😁😁
Just building up random strokes, and hoping it will work the way I like 😉

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Last two days I've focused on the face.
I've been improving shapes, and shadows in hope to make it more 3 dimensional.
At this point I am unsure of how much push it yet...