New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: New Year -> new drawing challenge! ;)

Post by Laurene »

Oh no! How is she doing? Is she well enough to stay home? I hope she feels better very very soon Artur.

Oh, and the drawing is gorgeous of course. It must be difficult for you to concentrate.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 am Oh no! How is she doing? Is she well enough to stay home? I hope she feels better very very soon Artur.

Oh, and the drawing is gorgeous of course. It must be difficult for you to concentrate.
Thank you Laurene.
Hopefully she shows nothing else but cough and a blocked running nose ...
Some temperature too but at the beginning a week ago.
We are at the end period of isolation, she will stay home yet because she isn't fit to return to work, and I'm suppose to return this Saturday.
Therefore I have applied for home test kit sent by Post, I've done the test this morning, and results should by by tomorrow.
I just want to make sure I'll show negative when back to work, I'd like to be certain that I don't pass it to anybody if you know I mean Laurene.

I'm happy you like the drawing so far, but you right, I can not think of drawing at the moment?
I tried, but... didn't work.
Instead of drawing I found other way how to relief the stress - setting up the aquarium...
I bought the aquatank last year, but it was Christmas time, heavy spending, so I had no spare money to start the tank...
Now, having many days free of work, and being worry whether the things may go worst or not, I started setting up the tank.
Three days ago I filled it up, and it's all done by today.
I have 6 snails and single tinny plant already in...
Some other plants are on its way, and shrimps ..., you know, I need a cleaning army to keep the tank looking good 😁
The last will come fish.
I need to season the tank for couple of weeks, to be sure the water is settled good to be safe for fish...

Yes, I'm craving to get back to my drawing, but I couldn't focus to do so...
I did order some bluetooth earbuds too, I am waiting for them to come...
I think I need some music to my ears Laurene, to enjoy the drawing...

Hopefully all good, thank you for keen words.
BTW I have no any symptoms of covid?
I was expecting, but nothing happened.
Therefore while feeling well I could enjoy heavy work to get the tank ready and running...
It's 520L tank, I could have a bath in it 😅
Thank you once more.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I’m glad to hear that everything seems to be under control. I wish both of you the very best . It must be so stressful for both of you!

Keeping busy with your new rank is a great idea. It sounds enormous! Maybe you can share pictures after it’s all set up.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:27 pm I wish both of you the very best .
Maybe you can share pictures after it’s all set up.
Thank you very much...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Wow! That really is huge, and a beautiful set-up! It’s what they call a labour of love.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you very much...
Since those pics were taken it's more planted at present, very first 4 fishes added today (Betta crowntail, and 3x Honey gourami),
Sun nerite snails(they won't breed in fresh water), black cherry shrimps, fresh water shrimps (for the cleaning crew, and main live food source) (Gammarus shrimp), and few Water Louse as a cleaning crew as well...
Also the water is much darker now, as I like *black water setup, which is much healthier for living creatures.
To achieve the *tea tint I'm boiling the Catappa leaves or bark, and I'm adding it to the water every time and then to keep the dark tint.
The tint is also achievable from those leaves and barks sinked in the tank, but when you brew the *tea is speeding up the process.
I'm just describing the *black water aspect in case you don't know what it is and what it is for 😉
Otherwords, if just cone to see my tank, the first thing you would think off would be - oh, no!, why you don't look after it, why the water is so dirty?! 😅
Catappa leaves have been found to have anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and thus keep the water free from pathogens, resulting in healthier and stronger fish. What's more, some breeders believe that the leaves induce the fish to spawn.
My wife doesn't like it... 😊
She likes crystal clear water setup ...
But she's aware of the purpose behind 😉
Thank you Laurene 😉

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

That's so interesting. You're creating a whole ecosystem! I never heard of black water tanks before. It's always fun to learn something new!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:56 pm That's so interesting. You're creating a whole ecosystem! I never heard of black water tanks before. It's always fun to learn something new!
That's right...
I'm not only simply making the tank and fish, but the full environment, where everything cooperate like the chain...

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Well...
It took me a WHILE to recharge my battery, and switch ON forgotten drawing button 😅
I was improving the hands a bit, and the fur and shadows near by...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today I did some shading on the dress, just behind that hand, and for first time I tried to define those pearls on bracelet...
It is just first time shading that bracelet, so I hope I can improve it further.
Thanks for watching!