Mustang Round Up

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
rideum51

Mustang Round Up

Post by rideum51 »

round Up5 20201224_09245761.jpg
Good to be back, busy with the election. Thank God it's almost over. Opinions and comments always appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheresaM

Re: Mustang Round Up

Post by TheresaM »

I'm new here; I haven't officially introduced myself to the forum yet. I am a beginner slowly working through Mike's videos and book, so I can't offer any knowledgeable opinions on technique, but I have to say: I am a diehard Westerns film fan and love all things American West, and I love this work. I can hear the hooves pounding and feel the dust in my nose and eyes. The aerial view is wonderful. Great sense of movement and grandness emanating from this!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm speechless!
What a details, what an expression, what a picture !!!
Honesty don't know what else to say to compliment it enough my friend!
One thing that's catching my eyes is the way you've shaped the head of the horse (the first at left edge), but it's nothing compared to the whole beautifully drawn magnificent art !!!
Wow!
I love it !!!
*(I'm interested what's the size please?)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Pog its interesting that you quickly saw the same thing that I kept seeing. too long and skinny. Could have fixed it easily but didn't. NOt sure why. The drawing was 10"x15" on Conqueror paper.
TheresaM welcome aboard, you will see some great work on this forum and also helpful comments.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

rideum51 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm Could have fixed it easily but didn't. NOt sure why. The drawing was 10"x15" on Conqueror paper.
It's like me sometimes 😅
I see something is off, like the nose, or such feature...
But I keep wandering around it until the last moment 😅
It's great size of your drawing too!
It's comparable to A3 size, which must looking very nice originally 👍
Beautiful art!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I agree with Artur, but that aside I do love the sense of motion and the great balance of lights and darks in your drawing!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

another winner RideUm.
The left horse head doesn't bother me. I felt at first viewing that the far right black horse is in too static a pose, but the movement of the other horses forces him forward and moving.

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

You guys are good. The front legs on the black horse are static. Really no excuse except for excuse for the nose on the left. Too Lazy to fix it at the . Hopefully not next time.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

You guys are good.
we try. But so are you - this is an excellent piece and the small things we have picked up on does not detract from he overall excellence!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm this is an excellent piece and the small things we have picked up on does not detract from he overall excellence!
100% agree to what Linda says 🤘🤠