Blackwing pencil set 🙂 + three hole sharpener...

Discussions, Questions, Recommendations... on everything to do with PENCILS, PAPERS, and all other TOOLS for any medium; and general DRAWING TECHNIQUES.
PogArtTi

Blackwing pencil set 🙂 + three hole sharpener...

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends.
I have received the Blackwing pencils ordered a week ago.
It's 3 of them , the Matte, Pearl and 602.
I did very quick test to compare the shining to my Wolff's Carbon set, and Staedtler Lumograph Black.
I was willing not to see much of shine, but unfortunately they do.
Having that knowledge, I will use them for purpose, whenever the shining might be appreciated on my drawing 🙂
Apart of the above, they are must to have for anybody who is fascinated about the pencils!!!
They're looking great, they feel great in the hand, they are smooth on the paper too...
Including their history behind - you can't ask for more 😉

I have received the three hole sharpener as well.
I was willing to try it out, as every each hole sharpens differently.
One is for full sharpening, the second is sharpening the wooden wrapping only leaving the lead exposed, and the third hole is sharpening the tip of the lead only...
It will accept the normal size pencils only.
Well, after trying it out, I'm a bit confused whether I like it or not.
I'm concerned about the second hole 🤔
The second is suppose to leave the lead exposed - yes it does, but the lead has cuts at it's sides kind of thread on the screw...
So the razor is affecting the lead edge a bit, which may tend it to easier braking already exposed lead?
Bear in mind the issue may not be noticeable if the lead of the pencil is normal (thinner) diameter?
As far as I know the Blackwing pencils have a bit thicker lead, and I did test the sharpener on those, so ...
Then I tried the sharpener on Wolff's pencil, which has much thicker lead - the effect was much worst.
The conclusion?
It's interesting sharpener, but worth purchase only if you're using normal size pencils (thin leads).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

LindasPencils

Re: Blackwing pencil set 🙂 + three hole sharpener...

Post by LindasPencils »

At that price I'd buy it just because it looks interesting...

PogArtTi

Re: Blackwing pencil set 🙂 + three hole sharpener...

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:54 pm At that price I'd buy it just because it looks interesting...
If you interested, just try to get it from *jacksons site (around £4 including shipping), or anywhere else, as on *ebay.uk the price was doubled!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*