Digital Drawing - Sketchbook app

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
DWright

Digital Drawing - Sketchbook app

Post by DWright »

I use my iPad Pro and iPencil for almost everything. It is an extension of my creative outlets from capturing notes, modifying photos and creating compositions. I also have been able to replicate graphite to a certain degree, some more realistically than others. This sketch was created using Sketchbook app.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindasPencils

Re: Digital Drawing - Sketchbook app

Post by LindasPencils »

Fab Diane! Handy little gadgets, aren't they? Although I am still very attached to my sketchbook and pencils - I just like the feel of the paper over the screen. I'm pretty 'old school' on this. But the ipad and other ones are getting better all the time. I have been tempted by the ReMarkable which feels like paper - but really don't have a lazy k or so to spend at the moment - I still have about 5 unfilled sketchbooks in the cupboard!
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/re ... blet-news/

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Love it Diane! I’ve been drawing in Procreate too. I have a thread in the Galleries under Other Media showing my experiments. A bonus is that it has encouraged me to experiment with colour too.

Thanks for that link Linda. I had never heard of this before.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Great sketch!
I started practising digital drawing at the beginning of last year...
1 reallywas fascinated and overwhelmed !
But some short time after,I started being less attracted,and I started getting the feeling 1 am missing that old school feel of the pencil and the paper...
Saying that 1 am slowly starting to exercise again sketching on my tablet...
It's Autodesk Sketchbook app for Android.
Just you know,when I'm at work sitting at canteen I do draw something ...
Digital art has its huge potential Diane, hasn't it 🙂
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*