HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Your latest work is in print? You have an upcoming workshop? Your cat's had kittens... Tell us YOUR NEWS!
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Mike Sibley »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

My sincere thanks for your support this year.

We've had 11 new videos over the past few months - almost but not quite on target. I'll do my best to produce more for you in 2021 - some for here and some for YouTube - but all relevant to drawing.

A few steep learning curves have slowed progress a little this year. I invested $3000 in a new video computer (for those that want to know: it has an i9 20-core processor with two m.2 solid state drives). To go with that upgrade, I abandoned Premiere Pro in favour of Davinci Resolve, and replaced Photoshop with Affinity Photo for making the graphics and animations.

The DWM Forum has almost 1800 posts, although many of you are only reading, which is to be expected. However, why not take full advantage of it next year...
  • Help others by commenting on their WIPS - fresh eyes are often priceless!
  • Post your own WIPs for assistance
  • Display your work in the galleries
  • Suggest subjects for the videos.
I'm making two types of video: DWM Technique videos, and general videos made for YouTube. I have a very long list of subjects to work through, but I'm always delighted to receive requests.

What's next? The concluding: NEGATIVE SPACE - PART 2. This should be available soon after Christmas (my two "official" days away from work each year ;) ). I already have the graphics and animations pieced together on the timeline, leaving only the voice-over and a demo to film and edit.

After that, we'll move on to USING NEGATIVE DRAWING and DIVIDING BY DEPTH to simplify your drawing .

And of course I'm still teaching at Drawspace.com (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced 8-week courses). And still mucking out donkeys and ducks. This lot (in a stable over Winter)had just had their temporary "pond" refilled.... BATHING DUCKS

Wishing you all a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

DWright

Re: HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Post by DWright »

Mike and all!

This is always a good time to sit back, reflect on the past year and set goals for the next. This past year was one with numerous commissions, With the help and feedback from this forum I was able to create successful drawings for my clients. Knowing that support and positive critiques are always just one post away is priceless. I truly appreciate everyone’s input.

My goal for the next year is to visit and offer more input to this forum. I am working on updating and writing new tutorials and making progress on a new book (still in its infant stage). I am excited about sharing with you all. Progress always seems so slow and intermittent as I still work full-time and well, as we all know, life is unpredictable.

I wish you all a very creative and happy NEW YEAR!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

And a Happy New Year to all - with especial thanks to Mike for his support and helpful advice over 2020. Looking forward to some new videos from Mike soon (love the ducks!), and anticipating Di's book eagerly!

Hasn't this been a toad of a year! But in one way it has been good as 6 months of lock-down meant I hunkered down and did a lot of work. It was that or go totally crazy. The results are gratifying; Spoons exhibition has wound up with a few sales and lots of great comments and the possibility of the remaining works rolling over to another gallery. The sixteen '20,000 Leagues' steampunk works are all with the framer and the exhibition for that begins on Jan 27, 2021. And to top this all off I have to get my skates on and do another 12 works for 'Grimm' which will be over Easter. (why did I commit to such an early date? :o )

So a busy time. I want to concentrate on getting my works exhibited and hopefully back to class as I have been missing my students!

Stay safe and well everyone. PLEASE wear your mask! 😷

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

That’s exciting news from everyone! Congratulations to all of you and I’ll be looking forward to following along with you thanks to Mike’s generosity in providing this forum for all of us. Happy New Year!