More procreate

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

Laurene

Re: More procreate

Post by Laurene »

I haven’t been drawing much on paper but I do enjoy sketching on my Ipad in Procreate . I was inspired by watching Christmas movies to try my hand at a bit of children’s Christmas magic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm happily looking at your artwork, because I was missing it ;)
I did check latest work too - the bear - it's stunning what digital device like iPad is capable to!
Photo editor, drawing *paper, painting on *canvas...
Get your pick and enjoy ;)
It's strange we've had our childhood fulfilled with 2 TV channels only, and in black and white!? ;)

We're checking the Netflix up to find some movie to watch, lol, lots of stuff has Christmas subject now ;)
So I'm no doubt you was tempted to do some artwork following the special feeling ;)

I like the way you did it...
Dull colour of the night, and the Santa subject is very subtle, it's just there, but not too prominent, like melted within surrounding...
It's giving sort of magic impression, the way it should be - the magic.., something not real, but it's real if we (kids) believe it ;)
The snow is complimenting the art even further!
Very nice ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

:) I’m glad you like it Artur. Christmas time brings out the child in all of us, I think! 🎄

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:48 am :) I’m glad you like it Artur. Christmas time brings out the child in all of us, I think! 🎄
:D :D :D
I'm never gonna grown up - I'm afraid ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Procreate certainly is a marvellous app. Especially when it's used by someone with artistic flair :)

This is so deliciously subtle! And I suspect there are a multitude of ways that it can be read... so I'm not going to try.

But I love the imagination and skill that's gone into it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thanks Mike. It’s freeing to just sketch digitally because you can always « undo » until you hit on something you like. I like it because I can straddle the line between fantasy and reality. That’s much easier on my eyes than striving for too much realism. I’m even playing around with rudimentary animation in Procreate!😂

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Procreate has an animation feature which can be pretty sophisticated. I just made a very simple animation in stop motion style using my drawing.
Watch video
The music was added using IMovie on my Ipad. Lots of fun trying new things like this!

Thanks to Mike for helping me upload it here on the forum!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I think that's utterly delightful! :lol:

And so much fun to make, too. There's no stopping you now.

I can see the Laurene Disney billboards along the highways already :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

😅😂🤣 I don’t know what Mickey would say about that! It absolutely is fun though. I was catching myself smiling and giggling while I was doing this!😄

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

Thanks for sharing Laurene. I work with Adobe Illustrator quite a bit and I've had a quick look at Procreate but I haven't tried it. Do you feel there is a steep learning curve in the beginning or does it seem rather intuitive? Your results are great. I especially like the facial expression on your kitty. I do a lot of cards, your skunk-pumpkin would make a very appealing Autumn card!